Slow N sear on sale this weekend.

Finally got me. I've been fighting the urge to buy one of these since they first came out. Always thought my Weber baskets could get the job done. Could not pass this price up on the SnS Deluxe.

Thanks Bruno!
Prices are $55.99 for the original, and $84.99 for the deluxe.
I went with the original because I have a small grate to crisscross my charcoal grate.
Link to sale:

The original seems like a pretty dang good deal with free shipping.
I have to say though I highly recommend the deluxe, the ability to remove the water tray is awesome!

Last edited:
For you metallurgists that are late to jump on the SnS bandwagon the original ones were made of SS 304 as opposed to the 430 current versions.

got my deluxe yesterday and immediately fired up the kettle, put on some baked potatoes for an hour then seared a T-bone@ 550 with B&B lump, its a quality product and well built...I will likely move my weber charcoal baskets to my jumbo joe, oh and I believe the S-n-S holds about 3+ charcoal baskets worth of charcoal( with the water trough installed) so it has more capacity

Not sure I would have ordered had I known.
I understand the economics of it, but hate when companies brag about USA made products then quietly move production to China.
I don't feel bad about buying knockoffs when this happens. USA made is what brought me to Weber after my USA made Kingsford grill gave it up after many years of use.

Yes they are made in China. I felt kinda bad about ordering. Unlike my Hunsaker and killaGrilla grates they are USA 🇺🇸 MADE!
Well, 430 SS and China made, I think I'll pass on getting a second one. Didn't really need one, as my first one (304 & USA made) in the Performer is still going strong, but I figured that I would pick up one eventually for my kettle. Not now. I'll get some 316 and use mine for a pattern and make my own.

Charlie

Yes they are made in China
Well, 430 SS and China made, I think I'll pass on getting a second one. Didn't really need one, as my first one (304 & USA made) in the Performer is still going strong, but I figured that I would pick up one eventually for my kettle. Not now. I'll get some 316 and use mine for a pattern and make my own.

Charlie
These guys know we want at least 304 and USA made, if they choose to go another route it’s on them, and up to us to decide if we want to purchase.
I did and don’t regret it, ideally I’d like USA made but damn that’s harder and harder to find.
Personally I’d like to buy everything USA and Union made but that’s another story.

I did a fuel oil job at an airport, specs said USA made only, it was a struggle finding the pipe, fittings and all the other stuff we needed to do the job. Sad really.

Charlie
Exactly! I purchased mine when it first came out & it has resided in my Performer ever since. I am not sure why people are only getting in the game now, but they shouldn't be surprised by lower grade materials or country of origin. This is the typical U.S. model, build it right via U.S. made in the beginning & then the greed factor comes in where they need to cut cost to improve profit margins…shazam!

I did a ton of tig stainless welding when I was younger, mostly 316L pipe and square tubing. When I retire I have thought about making some grill parts to stay busy.
Me too, though mostly aluminum in the later years. Steel and stainless at times, though most of our steel was heavier stuff and flux core (and occasionally slick wire) MIG was the choice for that of course.

Not too impressed with the SnS at the moment.
Beef ribs and brisket are the main meats I want to cook low and slow. I have a slab of 4 bone Prime short ribs going presently.
I started with about 6 lit K-Pro, then filled the SnS chamber with more. Bottom vents barely open, quart of boiling water in the tank. Within 15 minutes the temp was hitting 325!!
I put a quart of water in the empty pan under the ribs to try to bring down the temp.
Right now it's 260, I can live with that but wonder where it will go when more coals ignite.

Do some of you use charcoal that don't light off each other so easily? Maybe B&B briqs would've worked better.

Back