Skyscraper Burger

Shawn W

TVWBB Emerald Member
I made this for a local contest on my Napoleon Mirage charcoal grill (M605RBCSS). It's essentially a 600 square inch SS gasser design that uses charcoal instead. The rotisserie 'burner' hangs at the back and you load lit charcoal in it. It is sort of an inverse Santa Maria grill ... instead of altering the grill height you can raise the charcoal tray height with a six position shifter having a total range of about twelve inches. It has bad fuel economy compared to my kamado, like a 70's muscle car ... I used about 8lbs of lump for this cook ... but it's REALLY fun to drive. :)

Anyway, 15 1/4lb burger patties, sauteed shrooms, 3/4lb bacon, 1/4lb cheddar, pickles, red onions, special sauce, lettuce, tomato. Sadly my phone pics weren't great but get the idea across.

20150606_201042_zps54w75yok.jpg

20 patties
20150606_203209_zpsns4abmu5.jpg

86471a39-4106-4fe3-bc3a-676fb5e99048_zpsaltvybph.jpg

EDIT: fixed burger pic size issue

Last edited:
Shawn, that burger looks like something from 'Man v/s Food'! That is one beautiful burger!!
Tim

Amazing cook Shawn, going to be interesting eating this one. It does look real yummy!

better put some skewers through that burger :) Looks good.

The grill also looks similar to the hasty bake a couple members here use.

better put some skewers through that burger :) Looks good.

The grill also looks similar to the hasty bake a couple members here use.
two chopsticks actually ... it had to get from the counter to the photo shoot and back.

I didn't attempt to eat it. It got deconstructed and I had a double with double bacon, cheese and mushrooms and I was stuffed. I think the patties lasted us 3 days. it was fun.

Shawn - that is insane! I wouldn't want to meet the guy that could unhinge his jaw to eat that one...

Regards,

John

Back