Skyline Lid

Ok guys. Dont use CRC Silicone Spray on your lid if you spray painted the end caps. Eats the paint ....
That's a bummer. Some kind of chemical incompatibility. The lid panel (porcelain part) DID look really nice, though. Wonder if you could spray a cloth with the silicone stuff and wipe the lid panel down with it, avoiding the end caps? Being high heat, my thoughts are the silicone coating will last fairly well on the lid panel - so I don't think it was a total failure - just need to avoid the paint during application.

That's a bummer. Some kind of chemical incompatibility. The lid panel (porcelain part) DID look really nice, though. Wonder if you could spray a cloth with the silicone stuff and wipe the lid panel down with it, avoiding the end caps? Being high heat, my thoughts are the silicone coating will last fairly well on the lid panel - so I don't think it was a total failure - just need to avoid the paint during application.

I pretty much did that but I got a little greedy and spayed some directly on the porcelain at the top and as my rag was soaked i wiped the side panel ...

Not sure if I want to take the chance with it . Im actually glad I did it now vs havimg the whole thing together and then doing that as the final step.

Back