Skyline Lid

Samuel, you have a skyline with black durawood also ?
No, I bought some black durawood from a member here, and I was going to use it, but I was having trouble finding a blue lid for my Genesis Platinum, so I offered it up for trade and Jon graciously responded and made the trade with me.

Here I am thinking I sent you something you didn't have aaahahaa
You did! Steve’s trade provided the top parts. I was going to go with a wire rack which is really the Skyline original. But with our trade I hope to do all durawood.

Danny if you would post a before and after when you're done. I am sure I and others would look forward to seeing it.

The before is more a mish mash of stuff Ive already posted here. I wasn't very good about keeping track.

I actually didn't really know what i was doing until I got that black durawood, the basket from Jon and the knobs from Josh.

Ok guys. Dont use CRC Silicone Spray on your lid if you spray painted the end caps. Eats the paint ....
I've used griots garage ceramic wax and ceramic instant detailer with great success. Water will bead up for as long while. Did it on my kettle and it survived cooking pizza with a peak grate temp of just about 1000* during warm up

I've used griots garage ceramic wax and ceramic instant detailer with great success. Water will bead up for as long while. Did it on my kettle and it survived cooking pizza with a peak grate temp of just about 1000* during warm up
Pictures? Besides the water beading effect did it help with the dreaded “Weber fade?”

I tried doing a Skyline with black durawood, but my lid shrunk

ADCreHdRAN86PLL22wPZrrXhLrbi6aSU8Zzui4jefI6FuHge3-ahxz3Bawtx7uFjUYF-ikG4Iu2z-FLTVkfTPEEQ2JeSKIaRcwMlYWdghMzoy18U-2V0hVAU=w800

When I saw Danny is doing one with his black durawood I knew I would have to let the cat out of the bag or be called a copycat! :smilekettle:

Back