Skyline finally done and up for sale

Nice work, very clean, love the grates and wood color. These see fantastic grills who ever gets this will be happy for many years.
Congrats

Dang, that is beautiful. The wood, the handle light, the black knobs and shelf handles are all awesome touches. It even has the condiment basket.

It looks like it is missing the trim piece that goes behind the condiment basket. Do you still have it?

So, how much are you listing it for? I am sure you will be sad to part with such a beauty, so make sure you at least get a good price. You cannot buy anything close to that style, charm and workmanship in a new grill anywhere. I say be patient and hold your ground!

I have listed it for $380. But that is probably too high. I love the optics but it has one major flaw to keep It for myself. The height. I am 6’4” and the shelves are way too low for me. The later Genesis is better but still borderline. So let’s see what happens.

Here is the SKyline that I sold recently. You can see the trim peice behind the basket. They are often missing as they are just held on by two of those plastic fasteners.

20200420 Genesis 1000 Skyline (1).JPG

Oh this one. I think I still have one of those from another grill. But I am not sure they fit on the larger frame.

Maybe it wouldn't fit your larger framed grill. However, I bet one of the wrap around trim pieces would.

Then I did search on google images for Genesis 2000 and it looks like they didn't come with that trim in place after all. It does seem like something should be there however.

I have listed it for $380. But that is probably too high. I love the optics but it has one major flaw to keep It for myself. The height. I am 6’4” and the shelves are way too low for me. The later Genesis is better but still borderline. So let’s see what happens.

No, I don't think $380 is too high at all! Be patient and advertise on all the options (Craigslist, FB Marketplace, OfferUp, Letgo). There has to be someone out there who will see what a special grill you have there!

PFFFFF, its either that or a $400 Spirit two burner that will rot out in 3 years. That grill would outlast a New Spirit three times over. And it is oh so much sexier.

Someone on here had the dimensions and a PDF template printout to make that trim piece but I cannot find it now. Anyone else remember what refurbishment thread it was on?

I could trace one in include the dimensions and put it in a PDF if that's what you want

Let’s see. I am not too optimistic. With my experience in the local market I think $150 to $200 is probably more realistic. I was never able to sell a Silver B for much more than $200. The red one shown below I finally sold last year for around $175 after it was posted for around 4 weeks.

Attachments

• 77D2B094-B6A6-41B7-B195-E1D2FE80438B.jpeg
    77D2B094-B6A6-41B7-B195-E1D2FE80438B.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 24

Back