Skyline 1200 Restoration

The having to drive back and forth to get them around Chicago is what keeps me in check. The last one I grabbed was free, unusual, and only a ten minute drive each way. Ideal situation. I still look all the time, but most of them are pretty easy to pass up.
I'm pretty set on builds and parts so I'll be a lot more picky about what I grab now. This Grill was kind of a special case for me. It's what I've been wanting and exactly what I've been looking for. The one I want to build keep forever. Otherwise I wouldn't have put this much effort into it. I think to most people this green lid isn't anything special and that's okay it's special to me. It's not a special edition or anything like that but I have a vision in my head of what this one will look like finished the way that I want to do. Steve I hope I can get myself to use this barbecue. We'll see how I feel when it's finished but one thing's for sure I'm keeping it.

All I wanted to add last spring was a green lid. I ended up with a burgundy and blue pair of Silver B's. I've taken a liking to those colors and now have a redhead and that burgundy 2000. Green normally shows up here more often. I think when I thin the herd I'll end up with a few different lids to swap when the mood hits.

All I wanted to add last spring was a green lid. I ended up with a burgundy and blue pair of Silver B's. I've taken a liking to those colors and now have a redhead and that burgundy 2000. Green normally shows up here more often. I think when I thin the herd I'll end up with a few different lids to swap when the mood hits.
I still like black lids the best, but they are getting harder and harder to find in really nice shape.

You know after this whole Weber fade Skyline ordeal I looked up pictures online and even the nicely restored ones most
had a little bit of fade noticeable.
I know, I told you yours was a pretty nice one. Are there ones out there that are perfect? I'm sure, but you have to find one and it's like a needle in a haystack at this point.

I know, I told you yours was a pretty nice one. Are there ones out there that are perfect? I'm sure, but you have to find one and it's like a needle in a haystack at this point.
I'll keep my eye out for a better one but I think my chances are pretty slim. If I find two I will send you one

I was considering selling my blue lid but, this is starting to make me happy even before the frame is done!IMG_1042.jpeg
Haven’t done the refinish of the nameplate yet. SS control panel is in the works, to the electropolisher then engraver! Same with the scale on the right side foreleg.

I was considering selling my blue lid but, this is starting to make me happy even before the frame is done!View attachment 95483
Haven’t done the refinish of the nameplate yet. SS control panel is in the works, to the electropolisher then engraver! Same with the scale on the right side foreleg.

Does your blue lid have any tiny white specs in it? I have one that does and I dont know if thats normal or not.

Back