Simple Steak Dinner

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
I find a "1/3 New York Strip Roast" for 75% off on Monday, so down for $60 down to $15. I cut it up into 5 steaks, I took the outside pieces and made steak tacos last night, steak tacos is becoming my (and my daughter's) favorite meal. I also started a salt brine on the steaks last night. Then today I got the slow n sear going with pecan wood and got an hour of smoke on the strips.
IMG_20220105_163142162.jpg

IMG_20220105_175002428.jpg

Then I got the slow n sear filled with red hot coals and put the steaks right over the fire.
IMG_20220105_175330210.jpg

And here is my plate.
IMG_20220105_180357788.jpg

I went with a salt only steak. The hour of smoke really come through and it was a really great hump-day cook.

I love the added smoke idea, then cook it I am going to try this out and soon.
Great shot I am in.
The temp on my grate level prob for that hour smoke was right at 180 the whole time. I took the steaks right from the frig also, to try to give it a little more time. It really did come out great!

That plate is screaming. Tacos? What Tacos :)
I did not take any pics, it was already dark, I was running around, and I have already posted some pics of my new favorite meal, so I didn't want to over due it. I actually made burritos inspired by DuaneMac and his cook a few weeks back. Finished them up on the CI on the grill, they browned in seconds.

Back