Silver C

Larry I am curious about this also and Dave I had taken apart the valve bodies to lube them on both my 1000 ng manifold as well as the one LP Jon helped me out with. For sure they appeared to be the same they did not look like what Chris had. They had 3 holes in each one of them but testing the orifice although they appeared to be the same for sure the nat gas was larger when I tested it with a piece of wire. My eyes ain't what they used to be, what I did not do is try to test the hole size on the brass valve body since my guess is they were larger but I sold that manifold.

Not sure if this made any difference either but the LP manifold has at least mine does like a bulge on each end of the valve piece ends where the nat gas was flat it for sure looked different. One other thing the burners were pretty tight to the orifice stops on the nat gas where there is plenty of room on the LP not sure this means anything.

Larry hope your are not mad at me anymore I truly was not trying to offend you.

I would but it's hard to find the manifold for a 2000 Genesis Gold B let alone a Genesis Gold B with the beefier old summit frame. AFAIK they were only only made during 2000-2001. I've been searching high and low for an LP one but no luck. My last resort would be to purchase one off of Ereplacement Parts but would like to save some dinero if I can.

As far as I know, any Silver B, gold B or platinum B manifold would fit the grill.

As far as I know, any Silver B, gold B or platinum B manifold would fit the grill.

I have a Silver B manifold and it doesn't fit. I also have a platinum C manifold and I think they're the same as the silvers and if they are then I think it won't fit. The gold B (2000-2001) model is the manifold I'm trying to find in LP (Weber 90373). I haven't looked into the orifice swap yet though.

Does anyone know where i can get fasteners for the side burner lid?

I got mine at Menards. They are basic "christmas tree" fastners. You can probably get them at an auto parts store as well. Ace Hardware, Home Depot, etc......

I have a Silver B manifold and it doesn't fit. I also have a platinum C manifold and I think they're the same as the silvers and if they are then I think it won't fit. The gold B (2000-2001) model is the manifold I'm trying to find in LP (Weber 90373). I haven't looked into the orifice swap yet though.

Yes, I believe the “Gold” you are referring to 2000-01 was different from the better known Gold that replaced it in 2002. That one is interchangeable with the Silver and later the Platinum of that same time period.

Is your firebox a 5 bar or 13 flavorizer bar layout?

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that "I think all Silver/Gold grills are 5 bar grills". But I have been wrong a lot lately about what I thought was true about these grills. I think the 13 bar system is unique to the Genesis 1000 and earlier grills. (yes/no).

Yes, I believe the “Gold” you are referring to 2000-01 was different from the better known Gold that replaced it in 2002. That one is interchangeable with the Silver and later the Platinum of that same time period.

Is your firebox a 5 bar or 13 flavorizer bar layout?

5 bar layout but the lengths are a tad longer than the standard Silver B/C bars....23 5/16" for the 2000-2001 Gold vs. 22 1/2" for the Silver B/C. Here is a pic and manual for the grill.

https://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/gasgrillparts/brands/weber/genesis-gold-b-lp--2000-2001-.html

5 bar layout but the lengths are a tad longer than the standard Silver B/C bars....23 5/16" for the 2000-2001 Gold vs. 22 1/2" for the Silver B/C. Here is a pic and manual for the grill.

https://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/gasgrillparts/brands/weber/genesis-gold-b-lp--2000-2001-.html

Sam,

Great info! I guess the 2000-01 was a very unique animal. This could spell some difficulty in trying to restore one, but hopefully not. They ARE very cool grills in my opinion. But as some have noticed, there aren't too many Weber grills that don't appeal to me:rolleyes:!

Jon

Sam,

Great info! I guess the 2000-01 was a very unique animal. This could spell some difficulty in trying to restore one, but hopefully not. They ARE very cool grills in my opinion. But as some have noticed, there aren't too many Weber grills that don't appeal to me:rolleyes:!

Jon

Haha, same here. So many Weber grills, so little time. Not sure why but I tend to lean more towards the limited run Weber grills for rehabbing (this 2000-2001 Genesis Gold B and a 2005 Platinum C). Since this would be my fourth grill I have to let go of it after it's fixed or the wife lets go of me LOL so I've decided to give it to my brother instead of selling it so then at least I'll still be able to use it here and there.

Last edited:

Back