Silver B replacement castors?

David, as it happens, I’m breaking down my old silver B, if the casters are not destroyed, I’ll let you know firebox is shot so it’s going to become a “parts box”

Got the corpus home and started to “part it out“ could not get the casters out so, I spent way too long whacking this up!
IMG_0624.jpeg
I’ll clean it up and paint it at some point but, I think this will be handy! It’s just so hard to bend over for a cold beer!
Sorry about not having casters to share but, Bruce’s suggestion is probably smarter.
I‘ve got a manifold and regulator, and some decent burners as well as the control panel if anyone needs them.

I have ordered these based on suggestion from @Bruce and they have a lock on the wheel.

Yeah, it's just a little strange. I have looked at these before too and the pics always matched the description.

Got the corpus home and started to “part it out“ could not get the casters out so, I spent way too long whacking this up!
View attachment 71630
I’ll clean it up and paint it at some point but, I think this will be handy! It’s just so hard to bend over for a cold beer!
Sorry about not having casters to share but, Bruce’s suggestion is probably smarter.
I‘ve got a manifold and regulator, and some decent burners as well as the control panel if anyone needs them.

I was thinking the summit platinum @VicV has in for sale would make a beautiful cooler chest / grill cart complete with a side burner.

1685477819061.png

I was thinking the summit platinum @VicV has in for sale would make a beautiful cooler chest / grill cart complete with a side burner.

View attachment 71636

I need to find wheels for the front, the ice chest idea is good way to repurpose this beast!

I need to find wheels for the front, the ice chest idea is good way to repurpose this beast!
I thought about it on the drive home with it and decided it made much more sense to utilize the frame instead of just sending it to the recycle bin! Box was trash but, the frame was pretty good. I have MYRIAD coolers and this one doesn‘t tend to travel very often but, lifts right out if/when I need it. Now, I need to figure out ANOTHER THING TO STORE! Damn!
Now, tomorrow I will begin the rotisserie carriage construction, one more thing that will need a cover or storage unit! Crap in a hat!

I thought about it on the drive home with it and decided it made much more sense to utilize the frame instead of just sending it to the recycle bin! Box was trash but, the frame was pretty good. I have MYRIAD coolers and this one doesn‘t tend to travel very often but, lifts right out if/when I need it. Now, I need to figure out ANOTHER THING TO STORE! Damn!
Now, tomorrow I will begin the rotisserie carriage construction, one more thing that will need a cover or storage unit! Crap in a hat!

If you put hinges on the frame and mount a Genesis lid, you'll be able to hide beer from your family members :D

Hey Tim, Where you going?

Uhm, just checking on the grill, just checking on the grill...

Yah TImothy. If I were you, I would tell them you are going to "CLEAN" the grill. That way, everyone else will be sure to stay clear of you and the grill for a while and it will allow more time and maybe a double.

Yah, a guy could easily throw a Q1xxx or Q2xxx on one of those carts as well. Then you could even keep a side burner from the Genesis Silver C too.

Yah, a guy could easily throw a Q1xxx or Q2xxx on one of those carts as well. Then you could even keep a side burner from the Genesis Silver C too.
My last one I did have a side burner on it, but I sold it and the Jumbo Joe, which was a big mistake. My intent was to get a side burner for this one, but no one had one they wanted to sell. The only grill I found that had one was in Tucson a 12 hour round trip from here.
Found the butane camp stove with four cans of butane at a garage sale for $10. Actually, this works out better as I can lite the chimney and then remove the camp stove and have the shelf space if I need it.

Rich,
Both of those carts are REALLY COOL! I have to think about that, as I often wish I had something for my Q100 and CharQ besides the shelfless Weber Q carts. I look at some of the carts that are available online when I should instead be repurposing the abundance of leftover Genesis parts I already have.

Rich,
Both of those carts are REALLY COOL! I have to think about that, as I often wish I had something for my Q100 and CharQ besides the shelfless Weber Q carts. I look at some of the carts that are available online when I should instead be repurposing the abundance of leftover Genesis parts I already have.
Jon, with all the spares you have that would be an ideal way to go. Using a gen 1000/2000 or silver b/c the possibilities are endless. One thing I found was if you are going to use it for a grill the best way to go is with inexpensive floor tile for the top as it's very easy to keep clean if something spills on it vs. wood which might stain. If using tile caulk type adhesive works very well to secure it. With any of the ones I mentioned a side burner is an easy addition. Just add a 20# tank direct to the side burner and you're good to go.

Back