Sienna saves the chicken

Joe Anshien

TVWBB Platinum Member

Rick Poch got me motivated to do a jerk chicken with Walkerswood jerk paste: https://tvwbb.com/threads/jerk-chicken.86799/

I bought the paste and marinated it 2 nights ago. I decided to do it on the rotisserie I put together on the Broilmaster. Just as I got everything set up the thunderstorm from hell arrived. After about 5 minutes we lost power and it occurred to me that my chicken stopped turning;-( *** what do I do now? UPS, generator, inverter from the Prius? Then I remembered that the Sienna has a 110 Volt outlet in the back. Had to find a 3 prong to 2 prong adapter in the dark basement, an extension cord, and the keys, but I worked. The van powered my rotisserie for about 90 minutes. It did not stop raining until I took that chicken off. I of course got totally drenched as we have a detached garage with an overhang where the grill sits. Pics below. That chicken did come out great. Thanks Rick for sharing the jerk paste.
20210609_180649.jpg20210609_170046.jpg20210609_170034.jpg

As we eat the chicken I said to my wife "I may need a battery operated rotisserie".
And there we are certainly in agreement! Backup plans are what really separates the grill junkies from mere aficionados!
Does anyone make a “clockwork”(spring powered) one? Just curious, one that might run an hour on a wind might be pretty cool.

I wired in the ability to use my generator with no special extensions . I made a plug for it in the garage and one on the back of the house. So I can run it wherever I like. Then I simply select the circuits I want to run and start it up. Relatively small and VERY quiet. Can run nearly my entire house. But handy to have the Sienna as well.
I like the Ford ads for their Lightning truck. Yeah drive it to the job site than use it to power the job site. Of course you will have to walk home and find a way to bring a generator to charge the thing back up ROTFLMAO

Rick Poch got me motivated to do a jerk chicken with Walkerswood jerk paste: https://tvwbb.com/threads/jerk-chicken.86799/

I bought the paste and marinated it 2 nights ago. I decided to do it on the rotisserie I put together on the Broilmaster. Just as I got everything set up the thunderstorm from hell arrived. After about 5 minutes we lost power and it occurred to me that my chicken stopped turning;-( *** what do I do now? UPS, generator, inverter from the Prius? Then I remembered that the Sienna has a 110 Volt outlet in the back. Had to find a 3 prong to 2 prong adapter in the dark basement, an extension cord, and the keys, but I worked. The van powered my rotisserie for about 90 minutes. It did not stop raining until I took that chicken off. I of course got totally drenched as we have a detached garage with an overhang where the grill sits. Pics below. That chicken did come out great. Thanks Rick for sharing the jerk paste.
View attachment 29956View attachment 29955View attachment 29954
You're welcome and great job on the chicken!!
Next time, try a pan of taters under the bird. There are a few recipes out there that you can Google. I tried taters, the last time I spun a bird, and they were really good.

You're welcome and great job on the chicken!!
Next time, try a pan of taters under the bird. There are a few recipes out there that you can Google. I tried taters, the last time I spun a bird, and they were really good.
Taters and some veggies sounds good. Maybe when the wrath of Thor and the river that was my backyard are more calm.

Back