Sideburner Valve Broken- Need replacement

Loc

TVWBB Fan
895D9C9B-E872-436E-908F-A3E683EFF5D2.jpegI broke the collar on the sideburner valve on my Genesis (model #2260000/part #3290001). This valve assembly is evidently discontinued. Other posts in this forum suggest locating an old grill and cannibalize the part.

I’ve done that. However, the donor grill can still be restored, just needs the valve collar (my neighbor will take the grill if I can get it fully functioning again). I do not want to find yet another donor grill to refurb the first donor grill, the cycle will never end (and my wife has drawn the line “you can bring home dinner but no more grills”).

I am hoping to find someone selling this collar or entire valve unit.

Last edited:
Can you provide more detail about the burner?

What year? Maybe a Pic of the entire grill? Tag on the burner?

0FA9D84F-84F7-439F-9202-743E29E8E54F.jpeg9F43D4B3-F226-4927-8631-8A33115FD686.jpegD53F1ABC-6CD0-4FD8-ADDB-BA01B1D00C26.jpegHi Dan, sorry about that, model specs would be helpful. I edited original post with model #’s, here it is again:
Model #2260000/Part #3290001

The valve on left is from the donor, on the right is my broken one.

I think it is a 10,000 BTU genesis gold burner circa 2002.

Silver might use the same burner.

Others might have more info.

Reactions: Loc
View attachment 40328I broke the collar on the sideburner valve on my Genesis (model #2260000/part #3290001). This valve assembly is evidently discontinued. Other posts in this forum suggest locating an old grill and cannibalize the part.

I’ve done that. However, the donor grill can still be restored, just needs the valve collar (my neighbor will take the grill if I can get it fully functioning again). I do not want to find yet another donor grill to refurb the first donor grill, the cycle will never end (and my wife has drawn the line “you can bring home dinner but no more grills”).

I am hoping to find someone selling this collar or entire valve unit.
Try talking with someone else at Weber. I can't believe that they wouldnt have this part for a Gold B.

That’s a good idea, will do that next
time. For now, I am getting a replacement from another member in this forum. This community has saved me many times.

Back