Shrimp, Chicken Wings, and Baby Backs

Kevin Glenn

TVWBB Member
Had a great day cooking and spending time with my girls on a family grilling Saturday.

My set up -

Shrimp on the Lodge Sportsmans Cast Iron Gril

Chicken Wings - 30 minutes on the smoker in a butter bath, then 10 minutes on the Lodge grill to set skin, then back in the butter bath on the WSM for about 30 minutes, then finish on the top rack while ribs rested.

Baby Backs

Plated with mac & cheese and roasted zucchini

looks great...love the setup you have going on there also...I'm working my way to something like your deck...

also, I've never seen a Lodge grill like that...did you get that from Lodge or somewhere else?

I got the Lodge from Amazon when it was on sale with free shipping. You can find them at Academy Sports stores also. Great for grilling shrimp, kebabs, and steaks.

looks like a great day! If there are butter baths involved, probably only good things are going to happen - !

Whats the concept behind the foil under the ends of the baby backs?

The foil keeps the edges from getting too dark and overdone from the heat that comes up along the edge of the cooker. Just a heat deflector.

Works great. Especially helpful with longer racks of spare ribs. These baby backs weren't as long as some I have cooked before.

Back