Seriously...the Europeans get everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayden McCall

TVWBB All-Star
George.jpg

They have white ones too. Weber must have a serious hate on for it's U.S. based customers. LOL

I believe that if stores stocked the blue and green kettles, which we do have here, more would be sold, even at the higher price.
Bet most folks have no clue that they come in anything other than black.
I'm sure yellow would go over great too.
Can't be too hard to do, they made it for the Homer Simpson version.

Members: Get your picket signs made!!
icon_smile.gif

While black is like, THE classic Weber color...I find it to be soooo boring. I got my SS Performer at Williams-Sonoma 10+ years ago and was fortunate enough to get it in dark green. It's a beautiful grill. I would LOVE a white kettle and a red kettle. I'd follow up with a blue one to do the patriotic thing. I dunno. I guess I'm numb to black, blue, and green at this point. It's all I ever see.

More examples...

getimage.aspx

getimage.aspx

getimage.aspx

A standard stainless steel grate with an opening in the middle for cast iron inserts. A cast iron grate, and what appears to be a cast iron wok, and a cast iron skillet are a couple of the inserts available. I mean...c'mon. I want that. LOL

Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Saw this in yesterday's paper available at Crate & Barrel for 50 bucks.
SmokeyJoeGrillGreenS10

If you go to C&B's website, they have both the Smokey Joe and a Performer in that grass green color. They've done it the past couple years now. If Weber was smart, they'd allow customers to get custom paint jobs for a fee.

Originally posted by Hayden McCall:

getimage.aspx

A standard stainless steel grate with an opening in the middle for cast iron inserts. A cast iron grate, and what appears to be a cast iron wok, and a cast iron skillet are a couple of the inserts available. I mean...c'mon. I want that. LOL
A cast iron wok would defeat the purpose of a wok. Woks are meant to heat quickly.

That said, I would totally buy that grate and wok if they were available in the US.

Originally posted by F Tang:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hayden McCall:

getimage.aspx

A cast iron wok would defeat the purpose of a wok. Woks are meant to heat quickly.

That said, I would totally buy that grate and wok if they were available in the US. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The more I look at it, the less that wok looks like cast iron anyway. The pan and grate look it...but the wok does not. Regardless...I'm right there with you. I'd get it.

Originally posted by F Tang:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hayden McCall:

getimage.aspx

That said, I would totally buy that grate and wok if they were available in the US. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think Wok's historically were made from cast iron. Traditionally it's a thin cast iron.

Originally posted by Hayden McCall:
Case in point.... Look at this beauty. I'd rock this on my back porch big time. That would be a BEAUTY in a Performer.

One%20Touch%20Premium%2057cm%20Bone.png

Wow. I'd go kick my trusty kettle to the curb for a white OTG. That's awesome!

Originally posted by Jon Des.:
Case in point.... Look at this beauty. I'd rock this on my back porch big time. That would be a BEAUTY in a Performer.

One%20Touch%20Premium%2057cm%20Bone.png

Wow. I'd go kick my trusty kettle to the curb for a white OTG. That's awesome! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want a white one and a red one. The only thing I'd do is swap out the handles for wooden ones. Then it'd be...well...perfect. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back