Seriously...the Europeans get everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The response I got from Weber when I "grilled" them over the disparity in product offerings between the U.S. and the rest of the world:

Hello Hayden,

Thank you for your email. We appreciate your feedback regarding our grills and products. Weber does extensive market studies and research to see what consumers like and are interested in. Feel free to check out the link below to follow the trends and facts. We will pass along your comments they are much appreciated.

http://weber.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=41&cat=1

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you,

Giovanna
Weber Customer Service
Weber-Stephen Products Co.
1890 North Roselle Road
Suite 308
Schaumburg, Il 60195
Phone 800.446.1071
Fax 847.407.8900
www.weber.com

When replying via E-Mail, please leave this message intact as it will help us respond faster.

Originally posted by george curtis:
'am i missing something ? doesn't that point out the need to sell those european grills and accessories here ??

George, I said the same thing and haven't gotten a response. I was waiting for someone here to pick up on that. I couldn't believe she responded with research that backed up what I was griping about. LOL Everyone on this forum should badger the daylights out of them. I want my white and red kettles dammit. LOL

... We appreciate your feedback regarding our grills and products. Weber does extensive market studies and research to see what consumers like and are interested in...

TRANSLATION:
We pay our Marketing gurus big bucks in order to justify their existence. They have determined that due to the competitive nature of the American market, and due to the fact that most Americans want "cheap" - we have decided to limit the options available here. If you want to change this, we suggest that you get a M.S. in Marketing and change your geeky attitude to "Type A"; then maybe we'll talk...

Those **** Europeans...
icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Ron G.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">... We appreciate your feedback regarding our grills and products. Weber does extensive market studies and research to see what consumers like and are interested in...

TRANSLATION:
We pay our Marketing gurus big bucks in order to justify their existence. They have determined that due to the competitive nature of the American market, and due to the fact that most Americans want "cheap" - we have decided to limit the options available here. If you want to change this, we suggest that you get a M.S. in Marketing and change your geeky attitude to "Type A"; then maybe we'll talk... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have a winner.

You have to pay through the nose for Weber stuff in Europe. The problem is that there's a lot of way overpriced utter junk on the market over here (which most people seem to be happy with, btw), and Weber have priced their products accordingly.

-Mark.

Originally posted by jesper:
Hi i am from denmark in europe
the stuff you gus talk about you can get here. maybe he will send i to usa
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Jesper are you a Danish pipe dealer if so we know each other ????

Originally posted by Guy Wallace:
Originally posted by jesper:
Hi i am from denmark in europe
the stuff you gus talk about you can get here. maybe he will send i to usa
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Jesper are you a Danish pipe dealer if so we know each other ????

Hehe no i am not a pipe dealer
so it must be someone else you mean
icon_smile.gif

I don't see any reason why one would want to buy a white kettle grill. A black one retains more heat, minimizing the cost of charcoal.

no, i don't really think that is the case.

Originally posted by Bryan Boulier:
I don't see any reason why one would want to buy a white kettle grill. A black one retains more heat, minimizing the cost of charcoal.

I've noticed that over the past 1& a half years now, all kettles in Australia are black which is boring, shiney but boring.
The Performers here are retailed for AUS $799 but I bought mine for $589 when the retail was $729. I was lucky at the time because they had a run of damaged boxes so they put them all on sale.Should be more colours avail to us like there was about 15 yrs ago.

Cheers

davo

The initial picture looks exactly (sans the dude in the tux) like the kettle I bought 14 years ago at the local hardware store, and still use today. I ocassionally see them in red or blue or green, as well as black.

I would, though, be interested in the grate with options.

Yea we europeans pay more for our webers(actually do we?) what does a wsm 22 2010 cost in usa(or the rest of the world for that matter) i payed in swedish kr inc shippment 3850kr,in usd that will be 498.92 usd.

Did i pay a over price for the unit?
Sure it was the standard black one but how mutch would it differ to get it in the usa?

Sure the new collored ketteles sells for a few hundered over the black one but still.

Just wanna know.

Bless//Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back