Scored a Genesis

Ted from Bristow

TVWBB Member
I just scored a used Genesis 310 off Craigslist. Its been fairly well used by the original owner. I had to replace the flavorizer bars and the I'll probably replace the grates later this year. But this deal included a Weber rotisserie, cover, two LP tanks, a couple of cleaning brushes for $65. I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on a new genesis. But I kind of wanted the "east/west" burner configuration anyway, so I was more than happy to keep the $800 in my pocket (including accesories) when this deal popped-up.

Genesis1.jpg

I have a bad case if Genesis envy, that's a nice one! I keep looking

Congrats and enjoy

Very nice score. Those go for a heck of a lot more around here. Heck, a 12 year old Genesis is decent condition costs more.

Do you mean the cabinet and/or firebox?

Nice pick-up!

The bottom panel (cabinet) is the weak-link of this model. The one I had (2010) needed a new panel last year as it was toast.
Keep an eye on it and don't be afraid to tear it apart to add a fresh coat of paint.

Nice pick-up!

The bottom panel (cabinet) is the weak-link of this model. The one I had (2010) needed a new panel last year as it was toast.
Keep an eye on it and don't be afraid to tear it apart to add a fresh coat of paint.

Chad is correct, if you keep it on grass or concrete make sure you have it sitting on a mat because concrete releases moisture and it's very corrosive with the lime and other chemicals in it. The mat acts as a barrier.

Chad is correct, if you keep it on grass or concrete make sure you have it sitting on a mat because concrete releases moisture and it's very corrosive with the lime and other chemicals in it. The mat acts as a barrier.

I didn't know that. Thanks. I actually keep mine on my elevated deck AND on a mat. But very good information for future reference.

Back