Score on a 14.5!!

Kevin Stephens

I have been shopping for the right pot to do a smokey joe/mini conversion with no luck. I just happened to go into a local "Bargain Hunt" store (closeouts, overstocks, returns....) they had two asm 14.5" new in the box marked $120 with 20% off. While debating if I should buy the 2nd one as well, some other guy grabbed it and was equally excited. Not a bad deal for $96. Now I have the 22" for home use, and the 14" for the camper. :) Happy day for sure.

Did you go buy some Lotto tickets too!? Wow, you got the deal of year on that 14.5 :cool: Too bad you debated at all on the 2nd one!

Yep - excellent deal. Paid $100 for mine from the same type place - new in box, no tax. Place was an absolute dump, but the WSM pristine.

That was 3 months ago - still in the box. :(

I really like the small smoker so far, although it feels like a toy compared to my 22". I think the lid on my 22" fits much more solidly - but that may be due to the weight of the lid, or the 100 or so smokes worth of gunk sealing it up tight. I did notice quite a bit of smoke coming out through the door and around the lid. I had the same issue with the door on my 22" until I got a new door. I did have a roll of nomex that I had bought to seal up the 22" but then decided it wasn't needed - So I have put it around the top of the 14" and around the door - it seems to be sealing fine - I am getting ready to do another dry run with to see.

But I think this is going to make a great addition to my campground cooking - (pork butts, ribs and chicken around here, also looking forward to speckled trout and mullet on it for my florida trips).

I haven't used my 18.5 WSM since I built my Mini-Joe and bought my 14.5" WSM. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the 18.5 but I just find the baby WSM's to handle most of my needs. NO! My 18.5" is NOT for sale. Just sayin'...

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Back