Sausage

D. Dix

TVWBB Member
In the last 2 years I’ve started making fresh sausage. From select, grinding & blending, it’s been a lot of fun. Over the Christmas holiday I made my 1st cured &
Smoked Andouille! Made 25lbs and turned out absolutely fabulous. Used the hanger system with my 22.5” WSM & vortex basket/baffle and was able to get them all in in one shot. Here’s a photo of the almost finished product. Some of the tastiest sausage to date!

Attachments

• 0330305B-A936-4D54-9207-3821E0B82071.jpeg
    0330305B-A936-4D54-9207-3821E0B82071.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 25
In the last 2 years I’ve started making fresh sausage. From select, grinding & blending, it’s been a lot of fun. Over the Christmas holiday I made my 1st cured &
Smoked Andouille! Made 25lbs and turned out absolutely fabulous. Used the hanger system with my 22.5” WSM & vortex basket/baffle and was able to get them all in in one shot. Here’s a photo of the almost finished product. Some of the tastiest sausage to date!
Congrats on your success. I've been making a variety of sausages for several years and most rival store-bought. My wife makes a great Andouille, so that's one I don't do.

Hey, that andouille looks great! I also love to make my own sausages, but don't have a good andouille recipe.....care to share the details on yours? I'm making a German style bologna this weekend. :)

Rich

Hey, that andouille looks great! I also love to make my own sausages, but don't have a good andouille recipe.....care to share the details on yours? I'm making a German style bologna this weekend. :)

Rich
sorry for the late response Rich. Here is a photo of the brand of seasoning and tweaks to the recipe i used. Notes are on the recipe

Attachments

• Blend-163-Old-Plantation-Smoked-Andouille-Seasoning (1).pdf
    136.8 KB · Views: 18
This is something I’m GREATLY looking forward to with hunting; antelope, deer and elk sausage! Excited for the upcoming season this fall, we weren’t overly successful last fall.

Oh man, that looks great!
I really wanted to try making sausage a couple of years ago. I got a "how to" book with recipes & a meat grinder (which I've ground my own hamburger with) but life got in the way.
Last October, we took a trip to New Orleans where I had andouille sausage for the first time - I really liked it!
Your post really inspires me to get into this again!

Back