Saturday Tri-Tip...

Don Cash

TVWBB Gold Member
Haven't done a tri-tip in a while...decided to remedy that. Followed the recipe from the "cooking topics" section. It was awesome!!

Rubbed and ready...Our mint crop was getting out of control so we harvested some for a few mojitos.

IMG_3397.jpg

On with a small oak chip packet.

IMG_3398.jpg

Off.

IMG_3399.jpg

Potatoes and bread off.

IMG_3401.jpg

Plated.

IMG_3403.jpg

Man-o-man, we don't do tris nearly enough. Skirt is still our favorite but these are fantastic!!!

Thanks for viewing!

Dog-gone it Don, I have ribs on tomorrow's menu, but now have a hankerin' for a tri!
Top Notch Cook Mr C!!

Very fine looking meal. Its making me hungry and I'm stuck at work and won't be home for another 1.5 hours.

Don!

You're killing me!! Where are you getting tri's in VA?

Awesome looking meal!

Don, Great Cook! Your dinner plate wins ribbons!!
Mojitos, another favourite... Nice!
When can I come and eet your food??
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks, guys. Love the tri-tips...not sure why we don't have them more often.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimK:
Where are you getting tri's in VA? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We get them from Tom Leonard's Farmer's Market...They have great meat.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j.shan:
what kind of bread is that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ciabatta bread, also form Tom Leonard's

This forum make me want to attempt tri-tip so bad, but last time I checked, it was $5.99/lb at Costco right before Memorial Day. I'm waiting for it to come down a little bit...remember seeing it for $2.99/lb before.

very, very nicely done. i would recommend sticking some foil under the meat to catch the grease so ya don't goo up the kettle.

Back