Saturday Spares and College Football

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
This rack of spares was soo long (23.5") that i cut um in two...
DSCN0606.JPG

added a balcony for the second half and invited in some Boars Head Knockwurst and a couple rolled strips of Nueskes bacon
DSCN0607.JPG

...those black specks you see on the sausage and the ribs fell from the inside of the WSM lid.
icon_mad.gif

...butt i simply wiped them away
icon_smile.gif

first time that's happened to me, never really thought about lookin' inside it or to clean it out. I will tomorrow now.
After an hour or so, I took the Knockwurst off...
DSCN0609.JPG

...and made a small snack.
icon_biggrin.gif

DSCN0610.JPG

Hours later, nearing completion of the spares, I got out the Petrone No. 5 Sauce i made a few weeks ago and glazed the ribs both sides.
DSCN0612.JPG
DSCN0611.JPG

Removed the ribs from the grill after nearly 5 hours, rested a while, then cut'em up.
DSCN0613.JPG
DSCN0614.JPG
DSCN0615.JPG
DSCN0616.JPG
DSCN0617.JPG

then plated them with baked Yukons with salsa and turbindo acorn squash with walnuts.
DSCN0619.JPG

The ribs were outstanding! Tender and juicy and just the way i like'em... the squash (this season's 1st) is a keeper.
and when was the last time i used the oven to bake a Yukon?
icon_confused.gif
It was goody too!
And as I type this post, I still think back to that wonderful football game i witnessed a few hours ago and sip the last of my Plantation Rhum
DSCN0620.JPG

Thank you for swingin' by, i hope your saturday was as eventful as my saturday was.
See you all Tuesday night at Wando's
icon_biggrin.gif

Happy for all Badgers fans.

As for the food, what a nice color the sauce gives your ribs. I'll have to try it one day.

Wow Jim!
Your ribs & knocks are knockout looking good, just like WI knocked-out OSU!!

Jo Anne and I really enjoyed the game, too bad our elbows weren't bumping with your's and Liz's for that celebratory rib meal!!

Great looking Food Jim.

Spares looks really good,and i like the walnut/squash sounds good we are farming the walnuts of the tree in the garden for the next 2-4 days.

Thx for sharing

Great looking spares and knockwurst there Jim!

Great game played by the <span class="ev_code_RED">Badgers</span>, know what will the <span class="ev_code_GREEN">Green </span>team do for your weekend.

Thank you all
icon_smile.gif

Jeff, at this point, i'm not too concerned what the paid football players from northern Wisconsin do.
icon_razz.gif

Wow Jim i do not know what was better Wisconsin win over Ohio State or ur meal, i would have to take ur meal.
New updated BCS Standing
1. Jim Lampe
2. Texas Longhorns
3. Who Cares after 3rd

Those ribs do look perfect Jim. Love the bark! I nearly did ribs myself. I had some home projects to work on, so I just did a whole chicken with some sweet potatoes on the WSM. Sorry no pics, but after a day of work, it did taste good. Thanks for sharing Jim.

Wow! Outstanding

That sounded like an awesome combo, Jim.

Hard to beat a relaxing Saturday with good food and a great game to watch.

Jim:

First your team beats mine and now your barbeque blows mine away. I am humbled. I would send you my victory cigar, but I fired it up about halfway though the 3rd quarter and jammed it it my eyes.

Great photos of great food.

-Phil

wow....love the balcony idea...wish I thought of that 5 years ago because I often find my 18.5smoker can't hold all that I want to cook.

now if I could only learn how to smoke a brisket in it !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Noe:
Wow Jim i do not know what was better Wisconsin win over Ohio State or ur meal, i would have to take ur meal.
New updated BCS Standing
1. Jim Lampe
2. Texas Longhorns
3. Who Cares after 3rd </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do. #4. Auburn Tigers.

I also made spares on Saturday, but I called them Razorback ribs in hopes of Auburn beating Arkansas.

War Eagle!
John

Awesome job again Jim! Man, that rum looks good as well. I think I need to step beyond "The Captain" and try some of the good stuff!
icon_wink.gif

Thank you all for the latest responses, truly appreciated!
John from Las Cruces, we did "Razorback" ribs on New Years Day a few years back when our beloved Badgers of Wisconsin punished them in the Capital One Bowl.
It was another fine cold day in Badgerland
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks again folks!

Back