Saturday snack

Ed M.

TVWBB Guru
Made some bacon wrapped meatballs, for a little snack this afternoon.

Mixed up a few homemade meatballs to get things started. Did these in the oven.

0021280x850.jpg~original

Wrapped them in some bacon.

0061280x850-1.jpg~original

A few action shots on the mini smoker. Gave them a dusting of garlic salt. Used a mix of Kingsford blue and Royal Oak lump and a few small chunks of hickory.

007-3.jpg~original

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i336/scones10/012-2.jpg
~original

011.jpg~original

Here's yours!

020-1.jpg~original

They were pretty darn good and easy enough to make.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Great idea. Looks really good. Just picked up a bag of jalapeno's to make some ABT's. Might have to give this a try instead. Thanks for sharing.

They're pretty little guys. You could make those all day long on a mini, I don't even think a 22" WSM full would be enough!

I just had to try these. Wife is out shopping while I watch football, so I needed a snack. Cheated though.... we had some pre-made meatballs from Costco in the freezer. I did a quick defrost on a half dozen and wrapped in bacon. Use light sprinkle of some rocky mountain rub. A small handfull of hickory chips in a foil pouch and threw them on the performer. Man oh man were they good. Now I'm wishing I had made more then just the 6. Ed, thanks for idea and sharing it.

Glad you liked them, Tom. We just finished a batch here for the Packer game. Most of the "moink ball" recipes call for pre-made meatballs but I was making a meatloaf yesterday, so I thought I would make a few meatballs and give it a try.

I hope to make more of these, trying different versions.

Thanks again all, for the kind comments. Give these a try when you get a chance.

Of course, be sure to make more than just 10.:)

Back