Saturday Night Sausages

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
We've been craving Brats for a while now so when I spotted these Johnsonville Irish O' Garlic sausages I couldn't resist. Close enough. Sided them up with potato salad I made the day before.

DSC_3094 (Large).JPG

Sliced up some onion, red bell pepper and added some fennel seed, salt and pepper. For the bath I used Stadium Sauce and some beer,

DSC_3098 (Large).JPG

Melted the butter and softened up the onions and peppers.

DSC_3102 (Large).JPG

DSC_3103 (Large).JPG

Poured in the Stadium Sauce and beer and after around 15 minutes I slid the pan over and got the sausages over some direct heat.

DSC_3107 (Large).JPG

DSC_3109 (Large).JPG

DSC_3113 (Large).JPG

Put the sausages in the beer bath and let them simmer for about 15 minutes.

DSC_3115 (Large).JPG

Put a quick toast on the buns and plated it up with the salad.

DSC_3120 (Large).JPG

These were delicious! Thanks to Jim Lampe for the tip on the Secret Stadium Sauce. I've been using it for a year now and it seems to get better each time. Hope you all are having a good weekend, such as it is. Thanks for looking.

Looking good, Cliff! I griddled up some potatoes, brats and garlic sausage tonight. Just beer, water and onions in the bath. I'll have to chase down some Stadium Sauce. I like the looks of that bath!

R

Another fantastic looking cook, Cliff! I was just drooling over Purviance's video of this on Weber's youtube channel. Unfortunately, we don't have any of the ingredients to this cook on hand, so it will be a while before we get to enjoy it.

Really like that cook Cliff, Haven't done brats in awhile. Like the idea of the softened veggies.
One good thing is our local Fry's has loads of different sausages so I know I can get some.

We've been craving Brats for a while now so when I spotted these Johnsonville Irish O' Garlic sausages I couldn't resist. Close enough. Sided them up with potato salad I made the day before.

View attachment 3284

Sliced up some onion, red bell pepper and added some fennel seed, salt and pepper. For the bath I used Stadium Sauce and some beer,

View attachment 3285

Melted the butter and softened up the onions and peppers.

View attachment 3286

View attachment 3287

Poured in the Stadium Sauce and beer and after around 15 minutes I slid the pan over and got the sausages over some direct heat.

View attachment 3288

View attachment 3289

View attachment 3290

Put the sausages in the beer bath and let them simmer for about 15 minutes.

View attachment 3291

Put a quick toast on the buns and plated it up with the salad.

View attachment 3292

These were delicious! Thanks to Jim Lampe for the tip on the Secret Stadium Sauce. I've been using it for a year now and it seems to get better each time. Hope you all are having a good weekend, such as it is. Thanks for looking.
Well done!!

I was just drooling over Purviance's video of this on Weber's youtube channel. Unfortunately, we don't have any of the ingredients to this cook on hand, so it will be a while before we get to enjoy it

Yeah, I'm running up against that also. That Weber recipe has been my go to for years. This time I used that recipe but wanted to work in that Stadium Sauce so I added that and eliminated the spicy mustard. I only had half a purple onion and no jalapenos, but they weren't worth an extra trip to the store. Still tasted pretty darned good.

over the top nice post will try this,
BTW; where do you find the sauce? have never seen in the 4corners.
thanks,
russ

Another great cook Brat to you by Cliff.

You manage to find all the different tasty seasonal sausages, I wouldn't have been able to resist the Johnsonville Irish O' Garlic sausages either.
Secret Stadium Sauce flavor?

Back