Saturday night goodness

Well, shoot! Can’t get pictures up! Just a minuteA3CB5F34-9AC3-4E3B-9C37-92262AF55585.jpeg0C881CB5-0EDC-462B-97E9-FB4A7D3617F0.jpeg
I’m very glad I did some extra thighs and breasts, one of my wife’s buddies stopped by. He had just worked a 12 hour shift and was exhausted, he couldn’t stay, had to let his dogs out so, I made up a “to go” kit for him. The jalapeños I used were pretty tame so, the green sauce wasn’t too hot but, delicious no matter what!
I had one thigh and the two extra breasts left so, I made chicken salad for today’s lunch!

Last edited:
I got to get the rotisserie, that look so good!!! Those shots of the whole bird resting and it pieced are outstanding! Next time I make it I am determined to have leftovers, I am trying to figure out just over the max amount of pieces I can fit with the vortex and then try to cram it all on. How did you cook the extra pieces with using the rotisserie? I would put a 12 shift in for one of those to go boxes!!! Great cook!!!

Well, shoot! Can’t get pictures up! Just a minuteView attachment 23756View attachment 23757
I’m very glad I did some extra thighs and breasts, one of my wife’s buddies stopped by. He had just worked a 12 hour shift and was exhausted, he couldn’t stay, had to let his dogs out so, I made up a “to go” kit for him. The jalapeños I used were pretty tame so, the green sauce wasn’t too hot but, delicious no matter what!
I had one thigh and the two extra breasts left so, I made chicken salad for today’s lunch!
That does look so good. I have to get my bird marinating. How did you do this cook? Rotisserie plus grates or 2 grills? Was this on a gasser or coal? Thanks for making us all envious.

Thanks guys!
Michael, do get the rotisserie! It’s wonderful.
Joe, about an hour and a half, and, yes straight old indirect method, grate in place for the extra pieces, worked very well, I put an extra set of studs in so I can do two racks if I need them. Charcoal on the Over Performer.
Richard, charcoal cook, Weber rotisserie.

Thing is unless you have an E/W burner grill the rotisserie is a waste of $$$$
Not true. Granted E/W is better / Best, but I made some great roto with the summit E-470 and and Genesis II E-210. I took off the grates, and middle flavorizers, put a drip pan on the unlit burners and put the 2 side burners on low / medium. Chicken came out great. I do wish they would put a dedicated rear IR roto burner like the Napoleon Prestige 500RSIB (My dream gasser). Now that I think of it the Summit had the roto burner.
With the E/W burner setup I just can't get over the knobs being where my table should be. I wish there was a way to put in a 90 degree bend and move them to the side front panel. That would be fantastic!

I tried using a roto on my old Summit after I bought it. That grill was supposed to replace my old Genesis 2. The results were not worth the trouble. I tried chicken on it, pork loin roast, beef roasts nothing turned out right. All over cooked on the ends and uncooked in the middle. That Summit would be exactly like your new style Genesis IMO. Weber made a HUGE mistake going to front oriented burners. My brother also has a Summit 4 burner Silver. When he asked me to rebuild it for him a number of years ago and convert it to NG, he asked me to get a rotisserie for him. Against my advice he paid for one. Now he complains he cannot get anything on the rotisserie to come out like it does on my Genesis or my dad's.
Point is yeah, you can spin something in those grills but I still say it's a waste of time and effort. That coming from practical experience. It's why I hung on to my Genesis all those years and still to this day have one.

I have heard so many people grumble about Rotisserie cooking on gassers and I guess I’m both lucky(I have spinners for both the 22 and the Genny) and stubborn. I have only used the gasser once for a rotisserie cook but, lean toward the equipment I’m more accustomed to (charcoal on the 22) and I have had only one failure in maybe ten years? I might try a pork loin next week on the Genny to gain a little experience there.
The simple thing remains that when you are faced with a new piece of equipment (a N-S burner unit) there is always a learning curve. Joe, you seem to have figured out the method that works for you and Larry is as old school as I am and working with E-W burners is what we know. Besides that, the set up is far more convenient than having to learn a whole new skill set.
I’m so happy with what I’ve got, it is working out so nicely for myself and my family’s enjoyment!
Cook well!

For Christmas my wife bought me a Cajun Bandit rotis for my 22 WSM. I'm hoping to do a 4.5 lb. chicken this weekend. Will be all new to me, any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Any need for the water pan ?

I don’t know anything about using it on a WSM, mine is on a regular 22 kettle with baskets. Always have.
I’m sure someone will offer some help.
If it was me, I’d surely not use a water pan and get the temperature up.

I don’t know anything about using it on a WSM, mine is on a regular 22 kettle with baskets. Always have.
I’m sure someone will offer some help.
If it was me, I’d surely not use a water pan and get the temperature up.
For Christmas my wife bought me a Cajun Bandit rotis for my 22 WSM. I'm hoping to do a 4.5 lb. chicken this weekend. Will be all new to me, any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Any need for the water pan ?
I would place the rotisserie right on the base section of the WSM 22 and not even use the middle section at all, and then the lid on top the rotisserie ring. A Weber Charcoal Basket on each side or just some banked coal on each side. A foil pan in between for easy clean up.

Truss that chicken best-you-can; then light-up a Large Chimney full of charcoal to be distributed evenly in the the two(2) Weber charcoal holders with a drip pan filled with some water in the middle. I removed the chicken when the dark meat reached a temperature of around 180F and did not need to add additional charcoal to the mix. I use Kingsford Brand Charcoal for all my Rotisserie Grilling adventures.

Last year I purchased the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit for my Weber Performer Deluxe and still remain a one-happy Cajun Bandit and OneGrill.com Customer. I have a WSM 18" "Classic" which has no experience in Rotisserie Cooking.

Of note; The now deceased "PHil in Florence" has a good video or two on the You Tube Channel in which he uses the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit on a WSM 22".

Last edited:
Yep, good option Michael.
I suppose a little water in the pan isn’t a bad idea, I just don’t, for no particular reason, just never have.

Back