Sat nite party scene

George L

TVWBB All-Star
My step-daughter who owns a hair salon threw a small party for her employees at her home and I was asked to do some ribs and yakitori in her back yard. And man, was it hot in the valley!......reminding me of the reason I moved out of the valley and into the city just 20 miles away many years ago.
Ribs were easy but at one point I felt a bit overwhelmed by the number of yakitori I had to skewer. The yakitori consisted of meatballs, beef, chicken, salmon, and misc vegis.......totaling about 200.
Thanks for looking!

A friend found this brand new apron at a garage sale for a buck and insisted I put it on
P1070255_zps88bacee2.jpg

3 baby backs and 2 spares ready to be hung
P1070256_zps7a8c7ab3.jpg

All 5 racks hanging in the midi-wsm
P1070259_zps590d1d1a.jpg

BBQ area tucked in one corner of the yard
P1070262_zps32d5cecb.jpg

I like to rotate the drum body a quarter turn from time to time for even cooking.
P1070266_zps9743109b.jpg

My yakitori setup on the kettle
P1070269_zps759dc0ae.jpg

Frank, who gave me the apron, helping me out. I think he was giving me the peace sign.
P1070271_zps9be97395.jpg

Backyard scene
P1070275_zpsdbc298a6.jpg

This gal was cranking out mojitos most of the evening for us
P1070280_zps1656d3dc.jpg

Looks like you guys had a good time!! Any salsa and merengue dancing after all those mojitos?

Great Post George!!
Love your angle iron yakitori setup!

¸,ø¤º°`think i'm hungover`°º¤ø,¸

Looks like a lot of fun and it sure was nice of your Step Daughter to throw a party and have you do most if not all of the cooking!!!:D:D

Thank you for the grill/angle iron set up picture. I have been trying to come up with plan to make one. Your set up is great. I will have that set up this week!

Now what's the address again, George? It's an annual party, right? Great looking spread, hard working crew. It's good you had help, 'specially w/ the beverages.

Back