Same old same old Sunday Football BBQ and Smoke.

JeffG

TVWBB Emerald Member
I cook chicken and ribs just about every Sunday during Football season since its easy and delicious, we have an easy going neighborhood that invites, cooks, and just shows up
when things are smelling good at their pad. Bring beer.

Ribs using my 2-1-1 method and almost done.

IMG_2172_zpswgs5sw4u.jpg

Using ChuckO's recipe with a different sauce, Pepperplant sauce and a little vinaigrette dressing.
Thanks ChuckO everybody likes it. Marinated for 6 hours.

IMG_2175_zpsn46fhghl.jpg

Getting the Vortex ready on the SS Performer.

IMG_2174_zps4wtkt6g0.jpg

Vortex almost ready....;)

IMG_2176_zpszwtr7sl2.jpg

Vortex ready.

IMG_2182_zpsdmzluixm.jpg

Just spin the lid every 12-15 minutes, no flipping and your done.

IMG_2186_zpsepswmcpo.jpg

Your blurry plate pic, my team lost so a few more beers might have been downed before the din din pic...:rolleyes:

IMG_2203_zpsnvszoobg.jpg

Took the rest to a neighbors party, all was devoured in a short amount of time.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Thanks ChuckO now go get that 26er dirty, and ribs and chicken are on the menu for tomorrow. hehe.

Chicken, ribs and beer great food sounds like lots of fun great job. Sorry about your team!:(

Rich and Barb
I aspire to cook/smoke as well as you two do someday, but thanks for the kind words.

Glad you liked them Robert T

I always bought the Fred Flintstone size BB ribs 3-3.5lbs each and had varied results. Now i buy the BB ribs about 2lbs each and smoke them at 250* and use a 2/1/1 method.
Dry rubbed using water not mustard, smoked in a rack for 2 hrs, then foiled with blue bottle and brown sugar for 1 hr, and then losen up the foil and let them steam for 1hr bone side down.

Keeps the ribs tender and juicy.

LOL I love the little message on the wood!

Yeah i thought the little message on the wood would get a better response than it did.;)

Remember it's just ribs and chicken, not a gourmet cook like Bill Schultz, or Mildo seem to pull off all the time.

Back