S-320 Re-Freshening

Man that looks killer! Just read thru the Jr build thread. Quite the little steak assaulter you have there. I assume you have a long set of tongs for that one now?!

FYI. I just refinished the cooking box on my Genesis II LX E-240 with XTC - High-Temperature Paint (aerosol can) in Charcoal matte metallic. It's a good match to the grey Weber uses (see photo).

I have used XTC high-temperature paint on all my cook box restorations. It needs to be heat-cured, but you can do that by running a BBQ a couple of times on medium for an hour.

I personally believe it's the best high-heat paint there is, having tried a number of others available at all the big box stores. It's not cheap at $27.00 a can, but well worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_5258.jpeg
    IMG_5258.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
So, here's the final summary:

Natural Gas S-320, bought new in March 2008. Cooked on through mid-2020. Floor pan rusted out and replaced with one cannibalized from a Natural Gas E-310. Obtained new cookbox under warranty due to warping on the original. Obtained new lid under warranty due to inner liner rusting out. After disassembly, the grill was mothballed for four years and has finally been put back together.

The "new" floor was sanded to remove the small amounts of surface rust that had formed. The floor, rear panel and cross bars were painted. The side frame pieces were wire brushed internally and sprayed with Eastwood internal frame coating. Everything else was thoroughly cleaned and dried prior to reassembly.

New factory parts: Cookbox, lid and igniter. New aftermarket parts: 4" casters with brakes, Shinestar 9mm stainless grates, Onlyfire stainless burners and Onlyfire stainless flavorizer bars.

The only thing that's not working is the igniter for the side burner. The igniter sparks, but it does not light the burner. The burner lights easily with a lighter. Any ideas?

In the meantime, here's the gallery:

IMG_4884.JPG

IMG_4887.JPG

IMG_4892 (1).JPG

IMG_4894.JPG

IMG_4897.JPG

IMG_4900.JPG

If you are getting spark but no ignition, make sure the diffuser is clean and none of the ports are clogged up. Then, try moving or possibly even bending the electrode a little bit to create a little more distance or just positioning of the electrode so it jumps to a slightly different spot on the diffuser.

Back