Rusty Dawgs

Thank you everyone for the great comments. Really appreciate it.

Looks outstanding, do you have the amounts of each spice, that chili looks killer.

Dale... Here is the info on the chili. Sorry for the delay but it's been an insanely busy weekend.

Rusty Dawgs

Ingredients

Water 2 Cup (32 tbs)
Beer 12 Ounce
Lean ground beef 2 1⁄4 Pound
White onion 1 , chopped
Extra virgin olive oil 1 Tablespoon
Chili powder 1 Tablespoon
Salt 1 Tablespoon
Cumin 1 Tablespoon
Cocoa 1 Tablespoon
Garlic 6 Clove (30 gm), crushed
Crushed red pepper flakes 1 Tablespoon
Bay leaf 1
Diced tomatoes 14 1⁄2 Ounce (unsalted can of diced tomatoes)
Unsalted tomato sauce 8 Ounce (canned sauce)
Pickled serrano peppers 6 , diced
Prepared horseradish 1⁄2 Teaspoon
Corn starch 2 Tablespoon, dissolved in ¼ cup water

FOR SAUERKRAUT
Sauerkraut 16 Ounce (refrigerated)
Chili powder 1 Teaspoon
Sugar 1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Beer 6 Ounce

OTHER INGREDIENTS
Beef franks 8 (skinless)
Sub roll 4 , top removed and hollowed
Mustard sauce 4 Tablespoon
Cheese cubes 6 Tablespoon (high temperature cheese is used here which stays consistent during cooking.)

Man, that's awesome. I don't do much with hot dogs because they usually seem a little on the boring side, but obviously I need to step my game up a bit!

Great looking dogs. I like the way you hollowed out the buns then added not 1 but 2 Nathan dogs.

Slice view.

I had a lot of fun with this cook. I must say, it’s a lot of work for a “hot dog” but they were delicious and this chili is the best I’ve ever had. Going to do some Coney Island Hot Dogs with some of the left overs. Anyway, thanks for looking and everyone have a great weekend!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say this was beyond ridiculous but I think you might get the wrong idea - -- looks so good. The only thing I'd do differently is leave the ground beef in slightly bigger chunks to make it seem a bit more substantial; there's a fine line, but that's what I do when I make my chili. Very good post, I showed it to a friend earlier tonight,,,,,kind of bragging :)

I made the chilli to the recipe last night ! Minus the dogs n sour kraut ;) couldn't find it at the supermarket :( it was awesome ! We had it for lunch today with baked potatoes sour cream cheese and chives :) recipe is a keeper for sure !!!

So, I'm missing something. A bit unusual for me to brown the beef in water and beer.....and then i use that I pour that into the onion mix? The corn starch to thicken?

Love to try this, but not sure I understand.(well, I get that I left a bunch of steps out above, but its the "browning liquid" that throws me off)

Back