Rotisserie, it’s not just for whole chickens

I can't remember where I saw it but a guy put two Tri-Tips in a flat basket and spun it so why not!
Not thinking about spinning it, just do a “non touch” turn the motor on just enough to turn it over. Like I say, maybe a little silly but, it’s using tools at hand.

So I love my rotisserie. And I’m always looking for new things to spin. I’ve spun prime rib, lamb, and pork loin.

I had vague memories of my dad spinning almost everything using a basket. So I picked up a flat basket and have used it a couple of times so far.

First up, chicken thighs.
View attachment 25484

Today, I spun Tri Tip.
View attachment 25485
I only grabbed one photo when I put it on. We had family over and it got too busy. I’ve cooked a lot tri tip over the years and this was some of the best.

For hectic cookouts, the rotisserie is great because I don’t have to pay as close attention. There’s no forgetting to turn the meat. Plus, there’s the self basting nature of rotisserie.

So what have you spun besides whole chicken?
Out of interest, do you cook with the lid on or off when you’re using the rotisserie?

Those wings look good? What recipe did you use for that? I haven't tried making anything tandoori yet.
Here is a recipe for Tandoori Chicken, I actually bought some Tandoori spice when I was in Scotland. The link below is what I used, and mixed it with Olive Oil.

or use the one below which I have also tried. Typically you also use yogurt, but that gets messy when spinning wings

3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 Tbsp garam masala
1 Tbsp sweet (not hot) paprika
2 Tbsp lemon juice
4 minced garlic cloves
2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon salt

Here is a recipe for Tandoori Chicken, I actually bought some Tandoori spice when I was in Scotland. The link below is what I used, and mixed it with Olive Oil.

or use the one below which I have also tried. Typically you also use yogurt, but that gets messy when spinning wings

3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 Tbsp garam masala
1 Tbsp sweet (not hot) paprika
2 Tbsp lemon juice
4 minced garlic cloves
2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon salt
I just noticed that Amazon has the Rajah brand, which is the best, imho.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009PM6Z2Q/?tag=tvwb-20

I think I need a counterbalance for my rotisserie as this turkey was not balanced and really did kind of wobble.
turkey.jpg

I see you got the wireless probe, what did you get and how do you like it?
I picked up a meater block used at a fair price and this was my first time using on the rotisserie. The 2 probes were spot on the internal temps. The external temps from the end of the probes did not match up. I would have only purchased the single if getting new, as there is a big jump in price for the 4. They should sell a 2 pack. Make sure to get the one with wifi as blue tooth range is not sufficient. Also a little weird that the unit has AA batteries for charging the probes and USB for the controller.

I got this with a used Weber rotisserie I purchased a while back. They are obviously for something much larger than I will ever use. Does anyone have a use for them? If so Free + what ever it cost to ship. Total weight 4lbs.
1620145760140.png

I just noticed that Amazon has the Rajah brand, which is the best, imho.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009PM6Z2Q/?tag=tvwb-20
So I purchase a bag of that tandoori mix and did 2 breasts and 2 thighs on the WSM using Chris's skinless chicken setup for dinner tonight. It came out quite good. It says 200ml of yoghurt I used 1 cup (how much yoghurt did you use). I did not see the 3tbsp of mix so I used 2. Very hard to read that label. Next time I will try 3 to https://www.virtualweberbullet.com/boneless-skinless-chicken-breasts/
20210508_174640.jpg20210508_185220.jpg20210508_185431.jpg

So I purchase a bag of that tandoori mix and did 2 breasts and 2 thighs on the WSM using Chris's skinless chicken setup for dinner tonight. It came out quite good. It says 200ml of yoghurt I used 1 cup (how much yoghurt did you use). I did not see the 3tbsp of mix so I used 2. Very hard to read that label. Next time I will try 3 to https://www.virtualweberbullet.com/boneless-skinless-chicken-breasts/
View attachment 27657View attachment 27658View attachment 27659
1 Cup is perfect. The chicken looks great. When I do wings, I use olive oil instead of yogurt.

Back