Rotisserie Beef Bone-in Rib Roast on the Weber Performer

Wilmer Cogburn

TVWBB Member
Dry brined with Naturiffic Q-salt in the fridge for 24+ hours.

Veggies in the drip pan with low sodium beef broth. Char baskets on the sides with drip pan in middle, Kingsford blue, 2 small hickory splits.

2 hours at 350F dome temperature and pulled at 140F internal. Rested for 30 minutes. During rest, veggies in oven with some cold water corn starch to thicken and added a pack of brown gravy mix.

The 2 hickory splits created just a tad too much smoke flavor but did create a nice smoke ring! Will do again with less smoke.

First time running this setup and couldn't be happier! Very impressed that it held the dome temp near constant thru the 2 hour cook. Top vent wide open, bottom vent just cracked maybe 1/4-1/2 from closed towards smoke setting.

IMG_5071.JPGIMG_5074.JPGIMG_5075.JPGIMG_5076.JPGIMG_5077.jpg

That looks great! Would love to see a photo of the setup you used.
Here it is. All Weber stuff. First time I used it all to cook this way! Throw away foil pan I reinforced with a small sheet pan below.

Skewered parallel to the bones. Figured it would balance better this way.

Made sure roast spun well prior to ignition. I added a counterweight from my gas grill for minor balance correction.

Char baskets I filled first with prior coals then dumped lit coals via chimney. After they were well lit, I put in the veggie tray dry (no liquid - less chance for spillage) then dumped in the stock.

Thanks for the replies! Family and I pretty stoked! I was very impressed how it held temperature with little to no fiddling!

You can see the oak splits I used. I cut the hickory into 6” rounds then split them down for use. We use them in our offset.

IMG_5052.jpegIMG_5054.jpegIMG_5057.jpegIMG_5062.jpeg

Back