Roadside find - Genesis E320 -2009 sidewinder

A few observations.
1. That tank looks like a smaller 5lb or 10lb tank. Those are tough to find and extremely expensive to buy new.
2. I don't see a hole in the cabinet floor for an LP tank. I wonder if that grill started out life as a NG grill.
3. No flavorizer bars.

If the cabinet on that thing cleans up, I agree that thing is a great find.

Good eye there Bruce. Looks like a NG version that perhaps someone may just have thrown an LP tank on. Odds are it's totally a flame thrower

Yah, I don't think that SS braided LP hose is factory either. So, that seems like more evidence that it has been converted as well....converted properly, is still a question though.

The slide out bottom pan does not have a heat shield. It could have fallen off, or it is more evidence of an NG conversion to LP.

Inside on the left hand side of the vertical piece that goes up to the drip pan is the factory sticker with the serial number and part number and gas type on it.

A few observations.
1. That tank looks like a smaller 5lb or 10lb tank. Those are tough to find and extremely expensive to buy new.
2. I don't see a hole in the cabinet floor for an LP tank. I wonder if that grill started out life as a NG grill.
3. No flavorizer bars.

If the cabinet on that thing cleans up, I agree that thing is a great find.
Bruce,
On this model the tank was stored and just sat on the floor in the right door. I have seen people move the hanger to the outside because of the rust issues, and ease of replacement.
But as you said if the cabinet cleans up this looks to be a great find.

It’s a Lpg - AU model - GENESIS E-320 LP BLK (2009) (AU) and the flames are nice and even/blue and low so doesn't seem to be have been converted.

E6184827-C675-4D1B-8C0D-751218587FD1.jpeg

Just to clear up a few points - I subbed in the gas hose (off a donor grill) as it was missing completely and the gas tank is a smaller one that we have here in AU (10LB) that I use mainly to test. Will swap in a larger 20LB one and hang off the gas tank holder

I'll look to attack the innards and the cabinet today as well as sub in a few more parts (flavouriser bars off another donor). The cabinet seems ok - its just dirty. Really just wanted to see the outside first - it was just grimey and dusty to start with.

Will look to post some pics again

Last edited:
If it cleans up nice may look to sub it in for my everyday cooker from this one instead (Spirit) - obviously this Genesis is the bigger and better model

Just considering whether to take the better upgrade or to sell it as we head into summer down under

Yah, you guys down there always do things different. If not upside down it is usually backwards how it is done "up here". I wonder why they didn't use the hole and LP hanger on the inside for AU grills?
While I detest dealing with rust, that one is really in pretty darn good shape compared to what you find UP Here. It looks like a great grill for fixing up as a daily drive.

Back