Roadside find - Genesis E320 -2009 sidewinder

I love our E320 NG sidewinder, it's our go to grill for quick cooks 90% of the time. Especially when we have the summer charcoal ban, and no worries about running out of gas.

May I ask why you prefer E-W configuration?
I find the control knobs of the N-S burner significantly reduce the counter space of the side table

May I ask why you prefer E-W configuration?
I find the control knobs of the N-S burner significantly reduce the counter space of the side table
I look at three long burners vs three short ones and see better coverage. Although I am so far not a rotisserie person, those who are adamantly maintain that N-S grills do not do that well.

Finally, while for some foods N-S might do better for indirect grilling, I like the idea of having the long front burner lit with a wide area then available further back for something like a rack of ribs.

It is true on the 300 series that the lack of fold-down tables like the older Genesis grills had gives you limited shelf space. Still worth it to me, although I think Weber made a mistake eliminating the fold-downs.

Speaking of cheating. I found this jarred (I know I know) marinara sauce at Costco and Sam's called RAU. Now truly it does not hold a candle to mine, BUT, it can be easily doctored up a little and makes a great quickie sub in for a little quick pizza sauce or a little chicken and rice, what have you. When cooking a nice batch is not in the cards and I don't have a container in the fridge or freezer. It's the closest thing I have ever tasted that did not come from my stove

Back