Weber Spirit e-320 (early model) Side burner

Christo C

TVWBB Member
Came across a Weber Spirit e-320 (early model with E/W burners) and a side burner. It all works however just wondering if someone can confirm is anything missing on the side burner - it feels like there should be a ring that sites on top of the jet as at the moment the gas just shoots straight up. Have asked Weber CS and they provided the schematic as attached and said can provide spare parts but there doesn't seem to be anything in the schematic that don't already have.

if someone with a similar one could share their setup that would be great

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 9
  • image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 9
I don't know - the whole situation looks weird. Perhaps you are missing a section of part #11 on the diagram they gave you that perhaps isn't available separately so it doesn't show on the parts diagram. It sure seems like the diagram should be more helpful.

I don't know - the whole situation looks weird. Perhaps you are missing a section of part #11 on the diagram they gave you that perhaps isn't available separately so it doesn't show on the parts diagram. It sure seems like the diagram should be more helpful.
Thanks - yeah the schematic isn't that helpful - it looks like part #11 (i.e the burner) has a cap or ring on it and its just a bad drawing. Weber CS said they can provide parts on the various schematic pieces so have asked for quotes on #4 and #11.

Otherwise may just go look for a donor grill nearby depending on what Weber CS says. Like the grill itself - runs nice and hot and probably would just keep as a cooker

This was the best picture of what that burner is supposed to look like. It is a replacement burner for a Spirit e320. Part #91379. It does appear your burner is missing a part that shows up in the picture. Screenshot_20220403-212954_Chrome.jpg

Picked up a donor grill (a Sprit Classic) just now in marginally better shape but it had the missing burner ring so will use this one perhaps (or bits from this on the other one) and flip/sell off whats left

unnamed-4-jpg.48380
unnamed (5).jpg

Attachments

• unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 73
Huh. I never saw one of those "Spirit" grills - actually a slightly dumbed down old Genesis Silver without the fold-out trays and with construction outsourced to China. All the ones I have seen (and even owned one) did not have a side-burner. When I saw that picture, I assumed it was something someone had cobbled together, but I was wrong.

You get a lot in a compact package, just no tables. A great upgrade would be to replace the right-side leg with one from a Silver and add a fold-down tray.

Huh. I never saw one of those "Spirit" grills - actually a slightly dumbed down old Genesis Silver without the fold-out trays and with construction outsourced to China. All the ones I have seen (and even owned one) did not have a side-burner. When I saw that picture, I assumed it was something someone had cobbled together, but I was wrong.

You get a lot in a compact package, just no tables. A great upgrade would be to replace the right-side leg with one from a Silver and add a fold-down tray.
Jon, I was thinking the same thing. I have never come across that model with a left side burner. Very cool grill.

Yeah - perhaps it was an overseas model that only came to Australia and/or Europe - alot of them come up locally on FB marketplace and Gumtree so was able to source the missing part yesterday pretty easy (and a black door version to boot). Thanks for the table tip - will have a go - that's my only reservation at the moment - its short on work space but yes with all the features packed in pretty happy.

I had a Silver C which had the sideburner but not really the space to put it - this fits better and has everything.

When I saw Christo's post about the missing piece on the sideburner, I was intrigued because I have never seen one in the wild either. After a little research I discovered that those grills were offered in the US from 2009-2012 which is probably why you don't really see them.

When I saw Christo's post about the missing piece on the sideburner, I was intrigued because I have never seen one in the wild either. After a little research I discovered that those grills were offered in the US from 2009-2012 which is probably why you don't really see them.
Yeah wasn't able to find a decent example in the wild either - from checking US catalogs - 2008 the examples don't have a side burner except for the SP-320 (but that has a silver lid). Weber in Australia told me its a E-320 based on the serial number etc so maybe it only came out here.

The all black one is labelled a Weber Spirit Classic

Capture.JPG

Christo,
Your detective work definitely got to the bottom of that one! I looked at the picture and thought, well, the side burner makes sense with the "higher end" stainless hood. Also, I have never seen one of this generation Spirits with black doors, but you found the answer there, too. Must be that the "Classic" edition was an attempt to include the side burner with a lower total price. Thanks for posting that info.

Christo,
Your detective work definitely got to the bottom of that one! I looked at the picture and thought, well, the side burner makes sense with the "higher end" stainless hood. Also, I have never seen one of this generation Spirits with black doors, but you found the answer there, too. Must be that the "Classic" edition was an attempt to include the side burner with a lower total price. Thanks for posting that info.
Thanks Jon - I solved the space/table issue for now as well. This is my patio grill area so the kettle with weber table will work for now! And the gas side burner is all working for lighting the charcoal for the Red weber.

unnamed (7).jpg

Back