Weber Spirit e-320 (early model) Side burner

Hey, no problem. It was just something I thought was interesting about a grill I didn't really know anything about and thought was kind of cool.

Thanks Steve - some good details and explanation there

Also it seems these all black ones were Weber AU/NZ only - stumbled on a set of docs etc from Weber AU/NZ here - more weird local versions only
https://issuu.com/weberbbqau/docs/k8811024_spec

That's pretty interesting material. I think that weber was obviously promoting that grill in your part of the world as opposed to the US market where they must have had different priorities. Like I said, I have never seen one of those before and I live very close to Weber's headquarters.

So, is that Spirit the same size grate as the current Spirit 300 series and classic Silver B? Sure looks a lot like a Silver B. It is almost as if Weber renamed the previous generation Genesis to Spirit when they introduced the new larger Genesis. Nice looking grill.

That's pretty interesting material. I think that weber was obviously promoting that grill in your part of the world as opposed to the US market where they must have had different priorities. Like I said, I have never seen one of those before and I live very close to Weber's headquarters.
Yah, there are lots of weber products available in Europe and Australia an other countries that are not even offered here.

I purchased a SP-320 from Ace Hardware in 2011 that looks just like that except it is stainless instead of Black. It came with stainless grates and flavorizer bars. I have had to replace the flavorizer bars, bought from rcplanebuyer, but the grates are just like new.

So, is that Spirit the same size grate as the current Spirit 300 series and classic Silver B? Sure looks a lot like a Silver B. It is almost as if Weber renamed the previous generation Genesis to Spirit when they introduced the new larger Genesis. Nice looking grill.
That's exactly what Weber did. Also, they shipped production to China and dropped the fold-down tables. But, at least the classic Weber design lasted for another few years. in 2009 they "reskinned" this grill with a more modern exterior that more closely resembled the 300 series Genesis, but the underneath the original internals were still there. It was the last stand for the original Weber design, and it lasted until 2012 - a 25 year run!

Last edited:

Back