Roadside Chicken

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
SWMBO said my grand daughter wanted BBQ chicken tonight. So...I took the opportunity to use the Roadside Chicken marinade. I removed the water pan from the WSM and set it aside. Then I stocked the charcoal grate with a 1/2 ring of unlit KBB and dumped a full large chimney of lit on it. Of course I placed a double foiled pack of corn on the cob on about an hour before the chicken went on. :) This is a great way to cook chicken. The fat drips on the fire but flare ups don't char the chicken. Plus a nice crispy skin.

I painted on some BBQ sauce for the whole fam damily, but I left my chicken with the basting sauce only. It was fantastic. Thanks for the recipe Bryan!

Last edited:
Dwain, looks like you nailed it. Roadside Chicken marinade is very addictive for me. I share the recipe with everyone I know...it is that good!

Great idea using the WSM as a grill Dwain when I do RSC on the performer I'm always fighting the flare ups and have to go indirect and don't get the crisp skin. Think I'll show this to the finance minister and see if I can weasel a WSM out of it.

Well done Dwain, a great way to do it on the WSM. I actually think much better than the grill. From now on that is the way I will do it too. Your chix look heavenly

Great looking clucks Dwain! If the wife sees those flip flops...... Well you know she'll need a dozen sets. LOL
Scott

Back