Ribs, Shrimp, Pizza, Muffins & Bread, Oh My!

My goodness, those are beauties.

If I could bake bread that looked like that it would be like being a dog breeder; I wouldn't be able to sell any of them.

My goodness, those are beauties.

If I could bake bread that looked like that it would be like being a dog breeder; I wouldn't be able to sell any of them.
Thanks, Fletch! It is sometimes hard to let the pretty ones go! That particular loaf was a test of a new starter I activated, so it's got a good home here with us (until it's gone.) :)

R

Wow!!! Incredible, Rich. That sourdough looks unreal. Everything does. Mind sharing that English muffin recipe?
Thanks, Tim! The English Muffins are my variation of THIS RECIPE. It does make use of a sourdough starter, though I'm sure you could find similar recipes that use commercial yeast if you prefer. I do a 2-day cold ferment in bulk on these after mixing, stretching and folding. I form them into balls on the day I'm cooking them, and give them about 2.5 hours to warm up, and get active. The flavor is unreal! And the nooks/crannies, well, take a look......

EE006F5A-7A4A-4F7D-838D-E31155056A10_1_105_c.jpeg

R

Thanks, Rich. They cooked up great, but the flavor was really disappointing. I'm finding more and more that CostCo beef has become hit/miss for me on flavor.

R
I agree Rich, been that way with Baby Backs from Costco they cook up okay but no flavor, very bland.

I agree Rich, been that way with Baby Backs from Costco they cook up okay but no flavor, very bland.
I tend to order my ribs (spares, mostly), and some other pork/beef/chicken products from Wild Fork Foods these days. Quality has been really good for the most part, and they can deliver next day in my area now, so that's a bonus.

R

Dayum, Rich you are killin it.
I really like the shrimp, beans and rice dish.
I could sit and just graze with that bowl.

The other pics aren’t too shabby either.
I want to learn to make English muffins.

Back