Ribs on the weber rotisserie

Anne M.

TVWBB Pro
I hope this is in the correct section of the forum....

I recently bought a rotisserie attachment for my weber 47 cm (18").
That weber is a very old one that I managed to repair, but that's another story.

Anyway, I have done a chicken on it once before and I thought I should broaden my horizon, so I tried some ribs.
There was a lot of meat on the ribs, but not in between the ribs, so I couldn't weave the ribs around the spit.
I did manage to get the on though:
02%20on%20rotisserie_zps3rfhrghn.jpg

Spit fitted and off we go:
07%20starting%20the%20rotisserie_zpsf5t71q2h.jpg

Half way in:
(if you look carefully, you will see that I had to stop at some point in time and tie the ribs to the spit with some butcher twine)
08%20underway_zpszcjqp5sa.jpg

And then time for some basting with a mixture of sweet soy, black bean paste, lime juice and chili
09%20basted%20with%20oyster%20sauce-ketjap%20manis-fish%20sauce-sambal%20taotjo_zpsou5wquqw.jpg

10%20as%2009_zpst0ae0pti.jpg

And done and sliced:
13%20as%2012_zpsfeuzhyib.jpg

They turned out good, the marinade/baste is definitely a keeper.
I would have liked them a bit more crispy, so next time I will do the last 15 minutes or so over direct fire (without a drip tray).

They turned out good, the marinade/baste is definitely a keeper. I would have liked them a bit more crispy, so next time I will do the last 15 minutes or so over direct fire (without a drip tray).
Ribs look great Anne. I like my ribs with a little crust on them, and you're right, give them a few minutes direct and you get "crispy" / "crusty" ribs :cool:

Anne, you did an outstanding job. They look real delicious and like Chuck said give them a few more minutes direct and you'll be spot on.

Back