Ribs on 18 wsm 8/3/2013

The mods on the WSM are cool. As Tony said the ribs look great. Is that turtle moving on the bottom of the pool?

WATCH FOR MORE PICTURES OF THE "WILDLIFE' in OUR POOL..THEY ARE TILE PUT IN WHEN WE BUILT THE POOL.. WE LIVE ON OVER 3 ACRES IN SW FL IN THE COUNTRY. ACTUALLY WE HAD A 3 FOOT ALLIGATOR IN OUR POND A FEW YEARS AGO.GETTING BACK TO THE RIBS. 1 ST TIME USING FOILED SAUCER.. VERY LITTLE CLEANUP.. MY MISTAKE WAS LOADING TOO MANY COALS.. RAN HOT THE WHOLE COOK..NEVER GOT BELOW 270..I ADJUSTED THE COOK TIME ,HOWEVER THEY WERE A LITTLE DRY BUT TATED VERY GOOD.

Yes, was pleased with the ribs.. Having "leftovers" tonight.. Will try a brisket next in a few of weeks.so far i am loving my 18 wsm..had a brinkmann for many years.. Finally dumped it and got our wsm.. Like night and day.

Hi bill, so many diverse opinions on time,temp, etc.. I really was starting to think that at those temps a disaster was in the making..this was my second rib cook on the wsm.. First time lower temp stuck to 3-2-1-. Ribs were good but "falling off the bone"" this time because of higher cook temp i cut down cook times.. Ribs were tender and firmer on the bone.. If i had cut the time by about anothe 45 mn they would have been perfect.. As i said earlier ,they were a little dry .. Hey,still learning to tame this beast....

Back