Ribs oh my!!!

Becky M-M

TVWBB Pro
Oh man !!!! After many attempts I think I finally made some worthy ribs! I am super excited and soooo happy.

I trimmed them pretty well this time as well. I'm cooking them high heat.... Well, if 300 is considered HH for ribs...

they have been on for about two hours now....have a good pullback on the bone. I don't know much about the "bend and crack" test, but they did. I am going to let them go for another few minutes then sauce them, then on for another few.

Nice, nice, nice!

Originally posted by Marc:
Awesome! Sound great!

Agreed!
I don't know much about the "bend and crack test" either, but just check them with a thin probe or tooth-pick for the tender and you should be good to go.
Tim

Ribs, the reason most of us get into Q. It certainly was for me and I can still remember the first time "it's better than at the restaurant!". Cherish this mmoment. And please pass a plate.

Nice! Don't forget to post a pic or two of the rib cook.
icon_smile.gif

Becky;
Congratulations on a good cook! I consider well cooked ribs to be the best meat on the planet. I wouldn't trade a plate of ribs for the best steak in the world, and that's a FACT!

Dale53

Thanks all!

The ribs were probably a bit over-cooked, (can ribs be over-cooked?!) not burnt, but they were Almost falling-off-da-bone..... Almost . The meat came off after a nice wiggle....they were probably done about 30-45 minutes prior when my husband was salivating....begging..... Errrr, I mean asking for them. But I felt they just needed to cook at least 4 hrs, I think they were done at 3 hrs.

They had a nice bark....the sauce got nice and sticky.... And I sliced them all Cool! like you pro's do!!!

@ Paul....this was definitely my "better than restaurant" moment. I was just blown away as I was actually tasting something that I had made and tasted better than a $20 rack I had bought somewhere.

The pulled pork was great as well..... But I've been aceing that one for a while now!
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

Unfortunately....my camera was dead..... But I swear with one hand on a precious Weber that it really happened!

I missed any other thread you had about not have good luck, but congratulations for a cook that put smiles on everyones face.

Falling of the bone is only over cooked if you tring to acheive something less than that. If they were good and loved by all, they wern't overcooked.

Back