Ribs and Barbie's Beans

Brenda T

TVWBB All-Star
I pulled a rack of spare ribs from the freezer and smoked them today. Also made some potato salad and, for the first time, I made Barbie's Down South BBQ Beans. These beans are very good. I'm not sure if they are necessarily "better" than Keri's Apple Pie Beans, but definitely a worthy alternative.

The ribs were slathered with mustard (CYM;)) and rubbed with Oakridge Dominator Sweet Rib Rub, then sauced with Heat Riles Sweet BBQ Sauce.

Nothing fancy, but a pretty tasty meal.

Tomorrow's plan is smash burgers with leftover beans and tater salad.
20220702_173332.jpg20220702_173542.jpg20220702_173735.jpg20220702_175100.jpg

Everything looks spot on, Brenda! Nice job all the way around! I gotta check out these Oakridge rubs....they seem to pop up regularly around here lately! :)

R

I pulled a rack of spare ribs from the freezer and smoked them today. Also made some potato salad and, for the first time, I made Barbie's Down South BBQ Beans. These beans are very good. I'm not sure if they are necessarily "better" than Keri's Apple Pie Beans, but definitely a worthy alternative.

The ribs were slathered with mustard (CYM;)) and rubbed with Oakridge Dominator Sweet Rib Rub, then sauced with Heat Riles Sweet BBQ Sauce.

Nothing fancy, but a pretty tasty meal.

Tomorrow's plan is smash burgers with leftover beans and tater salad.
View attachment 54303View attachment 54305View attachment 54306View attachment 54307
Looks great!

Looks fantastic! I googled the southern bbq beans recipe as I hadn't heard of it before, googled it and saw the recipe here on tvwbb no less, said to myself ok this is meant to be since I smoked a 10 lb pork butt for the 4th today. Barbie's southern bbq baked beans will now be on the menu!

Looks fantastic! I googled the southern bbq beans recipe as I hadn't heard of it before, googled it and saw the recipe here on tvwbb no less, said to myself ok this is meant to be since I smoked a 10 lb pork butt for the 4th today. Barbie's southern bbq baked beans will now be on the menu!
Thank you! Sorry about that, I meant to link the recipe but forgot. I need to thank JimBobT for bumping it to the top a few months ago, as I hadn't seen it before.
They will go great with your pulled pork!

Last edited:

Back