Ribeye K-I-S-S method

Chris Lynch

TVWBB All-Star
Hey folks, haven't really had much time to post lately but here is my quick and dirty version of dinner.

1" Thick seasoned with salt and pepper

Not too many action shots today but while I was letting the meat come to room temperature I made lunch for the week for me and the mrs. Turkey london broil and chicken breasts

It was getting late so the light was bad.

Also missing from the action shots but finally plated are sweet potato and Brussels with shallots

Oh and try this beer. if you are a hop head...find this and drink it. - Not the miller lite, that was for hydration.

Also, I think my wife fell in love with me again. I have never attempted baking before but here is apple crisp with homemade whipped cream and homemade caramel sauce. I don't have much of a sweet tooth but HOLY SHI! this was good. I swear if that restaurant ever becomes a reality, this is going to be on it.

Thanks for looking!

Great looking Rib Eye and dessert looks great also. When that restaurant happens I will be there.

Thanks for the great post Chris. That apple crisp looks delicious! It's great to see a Sculpin so far from home. I used to live maybe a block from Ballast Point's original brewery (they have since expanded into another location). Great company to support. I used to stop in regularly to their small tasting room. They'd always have a nice variety and were very friendly.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for the great post Chris. That apple crisp looks delicious! It's great to see a Sculpin so far from home. I used to live maybe a block from Ballast Point's original brewery (they have since expanded into another location). Great company to support. I used to stop in regularly to their small tasting room. They'd always have a nice variety and were very friendly.

Thanks!

That's fantastic. You live in a great area for beer. It seems like most of the beer I have been enjoying these days comes right from your area.

A real tasty looking steak and sides Chris, but my attention is on that delicious looking apple crisp! Would you be
willing to share the recipe for that?

Good looking vittles Chris...nice to see ya back posting dude!! That CI desert looks perfect although I'd much rather have the steak and beer!!

Yum!

A real tasty looking steak and sides Chris, but my attention is on that delicious looking apple crisp! Would you be
willing to share the recipe for that?

Hey Mike. Sure

This was a personal sized desert so it was

1 apple sliced (i'd peel it next time) and arranged
Cover with crumble which is

1/2 cup of butter softened
1 cup of brown sugar
3/4 cup of flower
3/4 cup of oatmeal
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of salt

I was shooting for 350* and cook until top is brown about 30 min.

then top with whipped cream when cooled (if you can wait) which is

1 cup of heavy whipping cream
1 tsp of vanilla
1 tbl of confectioners sugar
whipped until peaks form

then drizzle with caramel sauce which is

1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of half-and-half
4 tbl butter
pinch of salt
1 tbl of vanilla

heat in pan over med heat for a few min