Rib Roast......second time through!

Tim D.

TVWBB Fan
Bone in rib-roast: 6.5 pounds at $5.99/pound (That's a BIG win!!)

Removed the bones, rolled into a log and tied with twine. Sprinkled with Sea Salt, sealed and set in fridge for at least 24hrs.

Pulled after 24hrs and seasoned with cracked pepper, onion powder and garlic powder, sealed and set back in fridge an hour before ready to smoke.

Pull an hour before smoker was ready and rubbed with EVOO and kept at room temp.

Smoked at 325 until IT hit 130 degrees (about 2.5-2.75 hours)
Pulled off smoker and tented with foil for 30 min then sliced!

BEST RIB ROAST I'VE EVER DONE!!!

rubbedrr_zpse406ee4e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Rubbed and waiting for smoker to be ready (drink of choice then was a Lond Island Iced Tea)

onsmokerrr_zps0a593316.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Pulling off smoker at 130 degrees IT

slicedrr_zps26b6706a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Sliced after a 30 min rest tented with foil

platedrr_zpscfb3e36f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Plated (it was more pink than what the pic is showing)

drinkofchoice_zpsf3704aeb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Cheers!

I was amazed at how good this piece of meat really is. I smoked one last December and that was good, but this stole the show!

John,

Before my smoker, I would always avoid this kind of meat as it was always so fatty and raw. Now that I have some sense as to what I'm doing, this is the best piece of meat I've smoked. So I understand you not liking this cut of meat, but have you tried it smoked? It changed my mind.....with that being said, I still won't order it at a restaurant!

BTW....who do you feel the Browns will take in the draft?? Manziel?? Should be intersting....

Tim

You can't beat a well prepared rib roast like yours. We usually only have them on special occasions but at that price you can't go wrong.

Back