Rib Dinner

Cee El

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello! I haven't posted in quite a long time, but I have never stopped coming to the forum and looking at everyone else's awesome cook photos. This is the best forum for barbecue and grilling on the net, in my opinion.
Anyhow, I picked up some "3 lbs. and down" St. Louis spareribs that were already dry seasoned at my local Wal-Mart. I work nights, 12 hour shifts, so after a long night at work, I didn't want to have to do much prep. These ribs were wrapped in double sheets of foil according to Jamie Purviance's 1 hour BB recipe (still works for spares) and placed over direct heat. The OTG ran around 350, I guess. After about an hour, the ribs passed the bend test with flying colors. I removed them from the foil, and placed them over direct heat meaty side down until they crisped up. Done. Served with some microwaveable mini potatoes, some sweet, warm homemade bbq sauce, and a nice pickle. Everything was good! Take care.

Cee, sometimes you gotta do what works best for the time you have and I think that looks great. Nice cook.

Nice job on those ribs Cee. They look delicious. I did a rack of those Smithfield Ribs, also from Walmart, a while back. Mine were the St. Louis cut, unseasoned. I had a little bit of trouble slicing them due to the chine bones. They were tasty though.

Back