Restore help on Genesis 1000

Just to be clear. Those "Leg leveling Inserts" in the link above are not really what you want. They will work, and I have used them, but they are designed to go into the bottom of the legs where you use a bolt with a foot on it to have an adjustable leg height. Kind of like the leveling feet on a stove or washer or dryer. Like I said, they will work, but are not designed to more securely hold inside the frame piece like the round ones are.
Right now I cannot find a link for those.

Edit: here is a link for them. Just get the size for the tubing you are using (the ones linked to below are for 1" square tubing). They are like the original ones that Weber used.

Last edited:
Just to be clear. Those "Leg leveling Inserts" in the link above are not really what you want. They will work, and I have used them, but they are designed to go into the bottom of the legs where you use a bolt with a foot on it to have an adjustable leg height. Kind of like the leveling feet on a stove or washer or dryer. Like I said, they will work, but are not designed to more securely hold inside the frame piece like the round ones are.

Edit: here is a link for them. Just get the size for the tubing you are using (the ones linked to below are for 1" square tubing). They are like the original ones that Weber used.
I just bought a lifetime supply on amazon for my project. I love McMaster Carr, but really only resort to them for the most obscure of hardware/material. Can't beat the online catalog for doing research though.

Also, I hit them with a quick shot of paint too, just for a bit more protection against the weather.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TK26PDQ/?tag=tvwb-20
View attachment 25648

Thank you for the links. I'm a sucker for amazon so I'll just order it from there. Will also steal that idea of hitting it with paint.

1617904413461.png

Thanks Bruce. I just ordered these. I wish they would tell you how much shipping is before you place the order.

I put the order, and just crossed my fingers it wouldn't be a crazy shipping amount. ($7 for the items, $6 for shipping).

Yah, McMaster Carr is weird like that. I think you can contact them and get an upfront quote for shipping, but it makes it a big delay and PIA.

What is ones method to cleaning and getting rust reformer/encapsulator inside the frames? I read a post where you use a coat hanger and a steel wool at the end. As for coating inside, I know you can get Eastwood aerosol nozzle hose but wondering if there are any other tricks to getting this done. As always, appreciate everyone's help and advice on this site!

What is ones method to cleaning and getting rust reformer/encapsulator inside the frames? I read a post where you use a coat hanger and a steel wool at the end. As for coating inside, I know you can get Eastwood aerosol nozzle hose but wondering if there are any other tricks to getting this done. As always, appreciate everyone's help and advice on this site!
Great question. I didn't do this, and am just hoping for the best.

Best way to prevent the rust is to have the tubing drain any water. Drill weep holes on the undersides of the horizontal bars across the bottom frame. As for the top not really needed as the heat from the grill will force it out

Best way to prevent the rust is to have the tubing drain any water. Drill weep holes on the undersides of the horizontal bars across the bottom frame. As for the top not really needed as the heat from the grill will force it out
I saw some rust inside the tubing and will try to brush it out as clean as I can. Would you say its worth blasting it with some Rustoleum Rust Converter?

I have not seen this product but I have to say I have never had lock with products like these meant for the typical hobbyist as opposed to professional products like Eastwood or POR15. I guess you takes your chances but for me, if I am going to go through all the trouble to do that work I will use professional products

I am with Larry. Eastwood is the best. They have been having some trouble meeting demand, but hopefully doing better.

I have not seen this product but I have to say I have never had lock with products like these meant for the typical hobbyist as opposed to professional products like Eastwood or POR15. I guess you takes your chances but for me, if I am going to go through all the trouble to do that work I will use professional products
I am with Larry. Eastwood is the best. They have been having some trouble meeting demand, but hopefully doing better.

The counsel has spoken. I will look into Eastwood Rust Converter. Thank you gents.

It's been a slow process but I'm getting there and putting the pieces back together. However I seem to be missing a part and not sure what it is. Its part #67? Trying to bolt down the control panel but think I'm missing the parts for it. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

79838AC8-FD06-416F-843F-5B17FED89290.jpeg8D0AC58B-1061-40BB-B82C-6878A7FE7037.jpeg

Those part #67 clips should pop into the frame on the end and the control panel then fits over them to hold them in place, but I dont see holes for them to clip into the frame. Maybe there are holes in the frame for them to clip into. Can you take the same photo as above, but without the control panel on the grill.

Those part #67 clips should pop into the frame on the end and the control panel then fits over them to hold them in place, but I dont see holes for them to clip into the frame. Maybe there are holes in the frame for them to clip into. Can you take the same photo as above, but without the control panel on the grill.
Sorry Bruce, meant I don't think I have the part and would like to know what it is to order it. Let me grab a picture as well.

That is not the part exactly. THey are square. I know others have tried to find a source, but I believe it is a Weber exclusive part and not a generic connector.

12EF58BE-9CB4-4124-BC9F-9E995F83B0BE.jpeg
Search License plate nut. I think I used a #6
#6 x 3/8 in. Pan Head License Plate Nut Nylon
Everbilt #6 x 3/8 in. Pan Head License Plate Nut Nylon (2 ...www.homedepot.com › ... › Composite Fasteners
That is not the part exactly. THey are square. I know others have tried to find a source, but I believe it is a Weber exclusive part and not a generic connector.
Thanks guys. As long as the plate but does the job I'll be happy. Always appreciate the help. Cheers!

Back