Rescued a Red Head

KevinInUtah

TVWBB Fan
Found this in the local classifieds. $10. Pretty good shape, 84' - 95'. Now I just need to fix her up.

red%20head1_zpsex8gd0z2.jpg

red%20head2_zpsou5bvrap.jpg

red%20head3_zpslvpzhuzd.jpg

Thanks Chuck. just ordered a new ash catcher and fired up a chimney full of coals to clean up the grate. Love these old kettles in the different colors. Better update my sig...:redmastertouch:

Good looking red head Kevin!! She will be a cooker...heck it looks pretty darn clean already! Nice score!

Thanks Bob.

New ash catcher and lid vent knob.

red%20head5_zpsutx8avc1.jpg

Looks like she's ready to cook. My next post will be in the Photo Gallery.

Teaser.

rib%20eyes1_zpswqjz1k7f.jpg

Made her some new handles.

Nice job on the handles. Only thing i would do is get a larger bit and drill down a little on them do the screw does not stick out.
Also go to your local hardware store and look for some kind of plastic or rubber piece for the 3rd leg, so it is not bare metal on the ground and you are golden.

Got her all staightened up and cleaned. The leg sockets were tweaked a bit but I got em level again without bustin a weld. And did you know that the little cap on the one pound propane bottles fit on the bottom of the front leg perfectly...you do now...:)

Gonna dig around in the freezer and find something to cook this weekend...:george:

red%20head6_zpsibdvg32m.jpg

As was mentioned earlier, the only thing I would still do is recess the screws on the wood handles. Beautiful job. Don't forget to post pics of the cook. Enjoy!!!

Back