redemtion beef short ribs

AdamKing

TVWBB Fan
So the first beef ribs I did were decent but i was not happy with them so i decided to go back to the place i found them and get some more to try again. Ive seen some beef rib cooks on here that look amazing. Just looking for some of your guys methods on cooking some nice untrimmed about three bone racks of short ribs.

So the first beef ribs I did were decent but i was not happy with them so i decided to go back to the place i found them and get some more to try again. Ive seen some beef rib cooks on here that look amazing. Just looking for some of your guys methods on cooking some nice untrimmed about three bone racks of short ribs.

I'm intersted in this as well. Also if anyone has any tips on how to get them I'd be interested.

That's a pretty good video Enrico.

When I have done them, I did trim/scrape a little more fat off of them as there is a lot of marbled fat in the meat.

The first ones I did I used a my regular butt rub and thought they were too seasoned so from then on I just use Webers Steak and Chop with a little Lawry's season salt.

Then the easy part. Put them on the smoker ( I do 165 degrees) with some of your favorite wood, and let them go for about 4 hours before you check them. They are usually thick enough between the bones to put a temp probe in, or just cook them til you have good pull back. No need to foil unless you just really like to.

And that's it, pretty simple I think. Good luck

I keep it simple. I Use a steak seasoning if I have some or do a salt,pepper,garlic onion powder seasoning. I smoke at 265 or so. 2.5 hours then wrap tightly in foil for 1 hour or so. Unwrap no foil until probe tender.

Last edited:
thanks for the ideas! I think i may have a game plan down now. Prep the ribs and rub with probably stubs beef rub, fire up the smoker minion method with hickory and pecan for smoke, put the ribs on and shoot for 225-235, smoke them till probe tender spritzing with oh maybe worshestershier and hot sauce every hour or so. Im still torn on whether to wrap or not! Any holes in this plan or input on wraping or not on beef ribs? Thanks again

Cook it like a brisket. SPOG seasoning, 275* or so until probe tender. The rack I did was tender and delicious at about 4.5 hours, except the right most rib was still a little tough. Wrapped it in foil with a little water and let it steam a little longer. Ate it for lunch the next day...

Back