Recipe Resurrection: Kaz's "Carnival Kebabs"

Joe InJersey

TVWBB All-Star
So I guess I've been carrying this recipe in my head for 11 years and came back to the site and searched "monkey meat". And there it was... Kaz S.'s recipe for chicken skewers like they make at the fair. This one: https://tvwbb.com/threads/carnival-kabobs.11110/

I had to make something for our block party this weekend so I did beef satays and Kaz's chicken.

Right off the bat, people liked them a lot... then word got out and they were GONE fast! Such a crowd pleaser. Don't sleep on this recipe.
I felt strongly enough to come back on here to spread the word.

Beef on the left, this recipe on the right (I garnished with green onions but made no other change to the recipe) :
XnyM9Rc.jpg

and the chef's plate 87.39 seconds later:
zhvxuEQ.jpg

So many great posts on here (doing a little backreading) I have to stop by more than I have.
-Joe

I made that up last weekend, forgot to take pictures, too hungry!
It was darned tasty! I didn’t kebab them, left the thighs whole and just laid them out on the grill, less mess for my lazy behind!
That’s usually what I do too but I haven’t had the skewers out for a while so I figured I’d blow the dust off them! I usually just glaze chicken with this.
1A0040D8-5B29-4E21-A2DF-D340809DC14C.png

It just so happens that we haven't made kebabs all summer yet, we are just about to head out on a grocery run, and I sat down to look at this board for an inspiration. Think we've got a plan of attack now!

Back