Ready for paint

You know I have had most of my aluminum grinding work very quickly show oxidation. Maybe it is my wet environment, but I have pretty much viewed having to do a thorough scrubbing to get that off after a couple days from when I did the grinding. After it has been washed thoroughly, it doesn't seem to be a big problem. I always attributed it to raw aluminum being exposed to the air. But, hey, I am a CPA not a metallurgist.

Up here in the arctic it's usually no issue with moisture in winter. Though the last month to 6 weeks I cannot say that. Today and tomorrow especially. Predictions are dropping temps with rain changing to heavy ice accumulation then over to snow with heavy accumulation up to 6 to 10". Just when I was beginning to think this winter wasn't so "bad". Ugh I hate it here. I wish we could just get cold without ice and snow.

Sounds ugly Larry. Last evening it started to rain here then it turned into a slushy snow and this morning I got up about 6am it was 21 degrees and the slushy snow turned into solid ice everywhere.
So the pups didn't get their walk, just to dangerous for this old man.

Well, now it is looking a bit worse, I guess.

ISSUED: 2:59 AM JAN. 10, 2020 – NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT...

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of up to 6
inches possible.
* WHERE...Juneau, Adams and Richland Counties.
* WHEN...From Saturday afternoon through late Saturday night.
* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions.

I better stay out of this, but all I can say is this is our payback time for 4+ months of continuous +90 degree days.

Jon, that forecast I posted is no big deal. Pretty typical for a snow in January. I don't think we have even been below zero up here since November and the normal low temp for this time of year is less than 5 degrees, so this has been an extremely mild winter. The main channel of the Mississippi River is open and that is extremely rare for January. So when I see mostly bare ground up here on January 10th, a six inch snow is no big deal.

I guess this is some kind of a weird narrow band Bruce. In the Stateline area here they're saying in excess of 12" but basically only rain as you get toward I80 so perhaps points between Janesville and far north IL are poised for the worst of it.

70 degrees here right now. But we are under Tornado watch. They are talking about lots of rain (+10"), strong winds with possible tornadoes, 2" size hail and a 30-40 degree temp drop over night with flurries tomorrow morning .... Let's see what happens.

Aside from acquiring good, affordable product, and of course time,
weather is always my biggest hurdle. Flyover country has me facing
virtually all of problems that some of you have. Thankfully, we don't
seem to get many of the extremes that some of you do.
Yesterdays storm left us with about 3 inches of snow, and kept me from
getting any work done outside. It gave me some time to finish some
emblems that I had been neglecting.

96nS3x5m.jpg

Afterwards, I got the snow cleared, and
todays forecast calls for partly sunny and 30.
I broke my own rule of not working on more than
2 or 3 projects at the same time, and have found
myself with 5 all in various stages of completion.
They all need some form of grinder work, and today will
be the day to get it done.

How many days until Spring? :confused:

Back