Rare Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center 24" w/ Cover - Excellent - $1,400

Having come FROM the ceramic world...not going back. I am waiting for the S6. Yeah...pricey, but I want mobility for my deck positioning, and kamado functionality plus the size (24"). I found the 18" kamados too small as well...so now you are looking at a "big" Joe....bigger $$, more weight, more charcoal usage....

I got the Summit charcoal without the side table for $500 used a few months ago. Great grill, it’s got me thinking of selling the performer and I didn’t think that day would ever come.

Attachments

• 62FE3FBA-99CE-49AF-AB3F-637D9D2C3D62.jpeg
    62FE3FBA-99CE-49AF-AB3F-637D9D2C3D62.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 13
What is it about the Summit that makes it so much better than a performer?
Probably a matter of opinion but I have had both the performer (2 actually) and a charcoal summit grilling center. From a cooking stand point the summit is, again in my opinion, superior to the performer. With the double insulated walls it holds heat better and is much more efficient which is great for low and slow cooks. You can also achieve a much higher heat with the summit which is great for searing or even pizza cooking. I have had the summit almost to 700° without trying. The best with KBB I was able to achieve with my performer was about 500 with the lid cracked.
The shape of the Summit also allows for two levels placement of the charcoal grate. For low and slow you can set the charcoal grate just above the one touch cleaning system or raise it up for closer coal placement for direct or indirect cooking.
some of the non-cooking items that make the summit different from the performer is the snap jet coal igniter which is from the Weber’s Summit gas grill line which again in my opinion is superior to the standard gas igniter on the performers. You have an extra 2” circumference cooking area and both the coal and cooking grates are much more heavy duty than the standard grates on the performer. If equipped the stainless steel table on the summit will last much longer than the performer as well as a much heavier duty rear wheels and front casters.

These are just my observations of the difference of the 2., but really to each his own on which is “better”. Before I owned my summit I thought the performer was just fine for most of my grilling needs. It wasn’t until I cooked on the summit that changed my thinking on it. Really if I wouldn’t have gotten my summit for 1/2 off I probably would be still grilling on the performer and the 26 and never gave the summit another thought especially at the price. Now that I have one not only have the performers been donated to friends and family but 1 of the three WSM has already found a new home. The summit is a nice grill/smoker, but it is expensive.

I am in southwest Ohio and definitely looking for a Summit. If you guys get any leads, let me know. Thanks all! This forum is cool!

Back