Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

When you get invited over for your fathers round number birthday and they ask you to cook charcoal steaks on the not very clean pit boss bbq that is both propane and charcoal...2 lids, both square......not clean......not my Weber.......:cautious::unsure::oops::eek:.
They always come off with black dusty pieces on them, and of course there is 8 people and they expect them to be perfect and there clearly is not enough room to have a real hot section and a cool section for that many steaks..........I already have to take the jealous devil, fire starters, my thermometer, some good records, a few good bourbons......don't they know I already do not have enough room to bring the bbq too!!!!
Just venting because I can make an outstanding hunk of beef........1 wall it is the bbq itself.
I leave the Weber site up with the kettles and the E6 on the page when I leave their house all the time.....think they would get the hint maybe EH!

Grilled some marinated pinwheel flank steaks on the 18" kettle yesterday, and they were fabulous. I agree about the hot side / cool side method for steaks. Frankly, I prefer my steaks over most restaurant steaks using this method.

I'm enjoying a sunny spring day.

Not really enjoying yard chores.

I Need to get going on some rehabs to sell by memorial day.

Nasty storms last nite although it was a beautiful day earlier. I had the windows opened.
Cold and gusty winds today, high of 40.
Sox opener will be 60's on Monday, 70's by Tuesday.
I have 12 Cap A Treads & Risers to install and I need a few nice days to set up my table and miter saw outside.

We just found out that our neighbor across the streets Alzheimer's has progressed to such a degree that she has to be put into an assisted living home
one of her long time friends lives in the neighborhood and visits her several times a day
It seems that last week she locked everyone out and herself in her bedroom. It took police, firefighters and a locksmith to get her out of the bedroom
It just breaks our heart, because she is such a sweet lady :cry:☹️

We just found out that our neighbor across the streets Alzheimer's has progressed to such a degree that she has to be put into an assisted living home
one of her long time friends lives in the neighborhood and visits her several times a day
It seems that last week she locked everyone out and herself in her bedroom. It took police, firefighters and a locksmith to get her out of the bedroom
It just breaks our heart, because she is such a sweet lady :cry:☹️
Lost a long time friend 13 years ago to what was called early onset Alzheimer's. 57 years old. We'd been friends since 7th grade. Not long after lost mom to Lewis Body Dementia. Ugh can it get worse?

America Is Back in the Factory Business

Record spending on manufacturing construction heralds a made-in-the-U.S. rebound, stoked by green-energy incentives and concerns about foreign supply chains; ‘this is here to stay’

Yeah, I have some of the same waiting for me. Oil (and or filter) on the pressure washer, snow blower, mower, tractor, anti freeze on the tractor, hydrostatic fluid, filter. cabin and engine air filter on the RAV4 as well. Lots of work ahead.

America Is Back in the Factory Business

Record spending on manufacturing construction heralds a made-in-the-U.S. rebound, stoked by green-energy incentives and concerns about foreign supply chains; ‘this is here to stay’

WeatherTech is a made in the USA company based in Bolingbrook Il right off I-55.
Everytime I drive by they are building another plant or warehouse.(y)

I read the article earlier today, and saw the photo on Facebook.

Thought they were related, so…
C4859D34-1B56-4166-924A-0D573ABC02C5.jpeg
Looming over the U.S. push to create more independence from China is the possibility of a military conflict over Taiwan, a self-governing island that Beijing regards as part of China and aims to take control of

Back