Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

Interesting. I've been to the oldest in Massachusetts (Union Oyster House,) Michigan (Sleder's Family tavern, old family favorite,) and Minnesota (Hubbell House, highly recommended.) The only one we've gone to with age as a selection criteria is the Union Oyster House. The Hubbell House is about 40 miles away, and if you're near Rochester, MN, I would suggest it for a wonderful old fashioned restaurant.

Here is a good story imo- a quick read if you can

IMG_8113.jpeg

My father built the first Rocket Car before I was born, but he found a second rocket and built a second car for my mother, Leanne Heitman, after I was born. These cars have been with me my entire life. I was always in the Rocket with my dad, and when I was coming of age, he saw how much I loved it. Many times, a Rocket Car has been featured in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City, and, when I was little, we took one to the Indy 500.…

You can be in the worst mood, and when you get in a Rocket Car, you’re happy. People see it and smile and honk. One of my favorite things is to take a Rocket Car to a nursing home. The cars play old amusement-park calliope music, and it takes these people back to when they were 5 years old….

My father died in 2020. But my mom still drives the Rockets. So does my brother Matt. My son Cooper is 16, and I am beginning to pass the torch to him. Matt and Cooper are the cars’ head mechanics, and all the money the cars make goes back into keeping them on the road. I even have a Rocket Car tattoo on my leg. My dad once told me, “Don’t let life pass you by. It’s too short.” So I won’t. That’s my promise to him.

Interesting. I've been to the oldest in Massachusetts (Union Oyster House,) Michigan (Sleder's Family tavern, old family favorite,) and Minnesota (Hubbell House, highly recommended.) The only one we've gone to with age as a selection criteria is the Union Oyster House. The Hubbell House is about 40 miles away, and if you're near Rochester, MN, I would suggest it for a wonderful old fashioned restaurant.
We have an old mill on the Fox river that was converted into a restaurant/ banquet hall. The Grays Mill Estate.
That was built in 1850.
I would love to do a tour of the old dives, lol.

Back