RANCH mods...

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
anyone ever thought of a HINGE for this monster?
would be awesome instead of the slide style top....
Bob Correll got me thinking about this when i saw photos he took inside the St Louie WEBER Restaurant

BobsDayInTheWeberKitchen.jpg
Bob Correll photo

installing a hinge would be the ULTIMATE mod to this grill, in my opinion...

Those are some healthy springs on the lid bracket. I would assume those kettles are industrial strength units and a consumer model wouldn't need anything that robust.

I saw these in Schumburg and it is a very healthy hinge setup. But I have been using my ranch a lot over the last few months a lot lately and really I don't think it is necessary. I one hand this thing into the lid bale without a lot of effort. The WSM on the other hand needs a hinge there is no other place to put it. A hinge would be cool on the ranch but it really is easier than even the gold and the performer to pull the lid. Just my thought the hinge would be cool but I just cooked on it today and was thinking man this is a lot easier than the 26...must be the weight

Dustin.
Thanks for the link. Yep, it's hard to see what tweaks he made regarding the "hooks", if any.
Look forward to your findings. I'm quite surprised Weber hasn't made something similar to the kettle slide-aside for the WSM.

Back